||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (May 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Max Barenbrug, designer and co-founder
Eduard Zanen, co-founder
|Products||strollers, stroller accessories|
Number of employees
Bugaboo International B.V. is a Dutch design company that makes mobility products such as pushchairs for infants and toddlers and luggage systems. Its products are available in 50 countries. Bugaboo employs over 1,200 people, working at headquarters in Amsterdam, The Netherlands or in one of the offices in the UK, Germany, Sweden, Italy, Spain, United States, France, Australia, South Korea, Japan, Shanghai China and in the assembly plant in Xiamen, China.
In 1996, Bugaboo was founded as a company by Eduard Zanen, an entrepreneur, and Barenbrug, following an investment into the Bugaboo stroller by Zanen.
In 1999, the first Bugaboo — the "Bugaboo Classic" — appeared on the streets of Holland.
In 2001, the "Bugaboo Frog" was launched in the United Kingdom and in 2003 in the United States.
2004 was the year when the "Limited Edition Bugaboo By Bas Kosters" was introduced.
In 2005, Bugaboo launched the "Bugaboo Gecko" and the "Bugaboo Cameleon".
In 2007, the "Bugaboo Bee" was added to the product family.
In 2010, Bugaboo collaborated with the cosmetics brand, Uslu Airlines.
In 2011, the "Bugaboo Donkey", a transformable push-chair, was introduced.
In 2013, the "Bugaboo Buffalo", an all-terrain push-chair was introduced.
In 2016, the "Bugaboo Boxer", the world's first travel system was introduced to the world. An innovative luggage system that enables consumers to move freely.
In 2012, Bugaboo is listed as a partner of the (RED) campaign, together with other brands such as Penfolds, Belvedere and Apple Inc. The campaign's mission is to prevent the transmission of the HIV virus from mother to child by 2015 (the campaign's byline is "Fighting For An AIDS Free Generation").
Notes and references
- "Bugaboo". LinkedIn. Retrieved 2016-02-06.
- "(RED) Partners". (RED). The ONE Campaign. 2012. Retrieved 14 October 2012.
- "Bugaboo Leaps Past Frog". BusinessWeek. Retrieved 2008-05-23.
- "Bugaboo International B.V. - Company Overview". BusinessWeek. Retrieved 2008-05-23.
- Swords, Tara (2008-05-18). "Talking to the Mom on the Street to See How She Rolls". The Washington Post. Retrieved 2008-05-23.
- "Furnishings and Accessories for Infants, Toddlers and Preschoolers Expected to Stroll into $13 Billion by 2012". http://www.prnewswire.com/. External link in
- "The Style & Design 100: Bugaboo". time magazine. 2007-04-13. Retrieved 2010-04-27.
- Interview with Max Barenbrug: "5-Minute Time Out: Max Barenbrug". http://www.babble.com/. Retrieved 2008-05-23. External link in
- "Bugaboo krijgt een kleine" (in Dutch). http://www.bright.nl/. Retrieved 2008-05-23. External link in
- "De Bugaboo is een product voor ouders, niet voor kinderen" (in Dutch). http://www.sprout.nl/. Retrieved 2008-05-23. External link in
|This Dutch corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|