Bugasong Sea Shore
|Motto: Bringing New Progress|
Map of Antique showing the location of Bugasong
|Region||Western Visayas (Region VI)|
|• Mayor||Bernard Pesayco|
|• Total||203.71 km2 (78.65 sq mi)|
|• Density||160/km2 (410/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Income class||2nd class; urban|
- Cubay North
- Cubay South
- Centro Ilawod (Pob.)
- Centro Ilaya (Pob.)
- Centro Pojo (Pob.)
- Sabang East
- Sabang West
- Tagudtud North
- Tagudtud South
|Population census of Bugasong|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
The current mayor of the town is Bernard N. Pesayco, with John Lloyd Pacete as vice mayor. The town council is composed of ten members, eight are elected at large, while two are elected after the barangay elections. The current town council members are:
- Casimira de la Cruz
- Aida Uy Kimpang
- Gerardo Antoy
- Susan Escote
- Geraldine Pesayco
- Roberto Fruto
- Cyril Pesayco
- Renante Dava
- Krizel Joy Panaguiton (SK Municipal Federation President)
- Norma Sayon ( Liga ng mga Barangay)
The town is celebrating their annual town fiesta every 18 January in honor of Sto. Nino (the Holy Child). The local town festival, the Bugas Sa Lusong, is integrated with this celebration, with its opening salvo sometime between the 10th or 12 January. The highlight of the celebration is the high mass on the 18th, usually celebrated by the diocesan bishop and visiting priests.
The patadyong, a colorful native fabric, is a famous product made by the locals in barangay Bagtason. It is one of its kind in the Philippines.
The Estaca Hills, known as the viewing deck. During the earlier times it serves as the Watch Tower of the town. Currently, it's an incredible destination for hiking and fun. At the hill you can see the entirety of the beautiful Bugasong scenery.
The town is the location of the only Dominican school in the province of Antique, Saint Joseph Academy, which was established on 1957. The school is run by the Dominican Sisters of the Most Holy Rosary of the Philippines. Notable alumni include former Deputy Ombudsman for the Visayas Atty. Pelagio Apostol and the late National Artist Edsel Moscoso.
Other schools in the town include: Antique Vocational School, at the town proper; Northern Bugasong National School at barangay Cubay North; and Southern Bugasong National School at barangay Igbalangao.
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
- "Province: Antique". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bugasong, Antique.|
- Municipality of Bugasong official website
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information