|Motto: Bringing New Progress|
Location within Antique province
|Region||Western Visayas (Region VI)|
|Barangays||27 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Bernard Pesayco|
|• Total||203.71 km2 (78.65 sq mi)|
|Highest elevation (Mount Baloy)||1,909 m (6,263 ft)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||170/km2 (430/sq mi)|
|• Voter (2016)||20,056|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)36|
|Income class||3rd class|
Bugasong, officially the Municipality of Bugasong (Karay-a: Banwa kang Bugasong; Hiligaynon: Banwa sang Bugasong; Filipino: Bayan ng Bugasong), is a municipality in the province of Antique in the Western Visayas (Region VI) of the Philippines. The population was 33,642 at the 2015 census. In the 2016 electoral roll, it had 20,056 registered voters.
Bugasong is 43 kilometres (27 mi) from the provincial capital, San Jose de Buenavista.
Bugasong is located at.
According to the Philippine Statistics Authority, the municipality has a land area of 203.71 square kilometres (78.65 sq mi)  constituting 7.46% of the 2,729.17-square-kilometre- (1,053.74 sq mi) total area of Antique.
|060604018||Centro Ilawod (Poblacion)||6.0%||2,020||1,934||0.83%|
|060604019||Centro Ilaya (Poblacion)||6.5%||2,190||2,086||0.93%|
|060604020||Centro Pojo (Poblacion)||6.7%||2,259||2,147||0.97%|
|Population census of Bugasong|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, Bugasong had a population of 33,642. The population density was 170 inhabitants per square kilometre (440/sq mi).
In the 2016 electoral roll, it had 20,056 registered voters.
The current mayor of the town is Bernard N. Pesayco, with John Lloyd Pacete as vice mayor. The town council is composed of ten members, eight are elected at large, while two are elected after the barangay elections. The current town council members are:
- Casimira de la Cruz
- Aida Uy Kimpang
- Gerardo Antoy
- Susan Escote
- Geraldine Pesayco
- Roberto Fruto
- Cyril Pesayco
- Renante Dava
- Krizel Joy Panaguiton (SK Municipal Federation President)
- Norma Sayon (Liga ng mga Barangay)
|This section does not cite any sources. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The town celebrates its annual town fiesta every 18 January in honor of Santo Niño (the Holy Child). The local town festival, the Bugas Sa Lusong, is integrated with this celebration, with its opening salvo sometime between 10 and 12 January. The highlight of the celebration is the high mass on 18 January, usually celebrated by the diocesan bishop and visiting priests.
The patadyong, a colorful native fabric, is a well-known product made by the locals in barangay Bagtason.
The Estaca Hills historically served as the town's watch tower. Currently, it is a destination for hiking. From the top, one can see the entirety of Bugasong.
The town is the location of the only Dominican school in the province of Antique, Saint Joseph Academy, which was established on 1957. The school is run by the Dominican Sisters of the Most Holy Rosary of the Philippines. Notable alumni include former Deputy Ombudsman for the Visayas Atty. Pelagio Apostol and then National Artist Edsel Moscoso.
Other schools in the town include: Antique Vocational School, at the town proper; Northern Bugasong National School at barangay Cubay North; and Southern Bugasong National School at barangay Igbalangao.
The summer heat in 2010 dried up the Cangaranan River
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Antique". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "2016 National and Local Elections Statistics". Commission on Elections. 2016.
- "Municipal: Bugasong, Antique". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 8 January 2016.
- "Republic Act No. 1743 - An Act Creating the Barrio of Ilaures in the Municipality of Bugasong, Province of Antique". Chan Robles Virtual Law Library. 21 June 1957. Archived from the original on 27 September 2013. Retrieved 30 October 2016.
- "Republic Act No. 2133; An Act Creating the Barrio of Cubay Sur in the Municipality of Bugasong, Province of Antique". The Corpus Juris. 7 April 1959. Archived from the original on 30 October 2016. Retrieved 30 October 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
- "Province of Antique". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bugasong, Antique.|