|Region||Eastern Region of Uganda|
|Elevation||1,080 m (3,540 ft)|
|Population (2011 Estimate)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Bukedea is situated on the main highway (A-109) between Mbale and Soroti. It is approximately 80 kilometres (50 mi), by road, southeast of Soroti, the largest city in Teso sub-region. This is approximately 250 kilometres (160 mi), by road, northeast of Kampala, the capital of Uganda and its largest city. The coordinates of the town are:01 20 51N, 34 02 40E (Latitude:1.347500; Longitude:34.044444).
According to the 2002 national census, the population of Bukedea was about 25,130. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) estimated the population at 35,100. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population at 36,700.
Points of interest
The following points of interest are located within the town limits or close to the edges of town:
- headquarters of Bukedea District Administration
- offices of Bukedea Town Council
- mobile branch of PostBank Uganda
- Bukedea central market
- Mbale-Lira highway, passing through the middle of town
- "Road Distance Between Soroti And Bukedea With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 17 May 2014.
- "Map Showing Kampala And Bukedea With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 17 May 2014.
- Google (3 July 2015). "Location of Bukedea At Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 3 July 2015.
- "Estimated Population of Bukedea In 2002, 2010 & 2011" (PDF). Uganda Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 17 May 2014.