Bukit Panjang Bus Interchange
Old Bukit Panjang Bus Interchange, currently being re-constructed.
|Owned by||Land Transport Authority|
|Operated by||SMRT Buses|
|Bus routes||15 (SMRT Buses)
1 (Tower Transit) (TBC)
|Bus stands||3 (boarding)
|Bus operators||SMRT Buses
|Disabled access||Accessible alighting/boarding points
Accessible public toilets
Graduated kerb edges
Tactile guidance system
|Opened||26 December 1999|
|Closed||16 December 2012 (closed for redevelopment)|
|26 December 1999||Commenced operations|
|14 March 2011||New Service 971E, introduced before bus interchange closed down|
|16 December 2012||Bus Interchange closed down, all existing bus services amended to serve the bus stops around Bukit Panjang|
|17 November 2013||New Service 972|
|27 Dec 2015||Service 983 Extension + New Service 979|
|24 Apr 2016||New Service 979M, temporary BSEP supplementary service & will be withdrawn once road widening works at Stagmont Ring are completed|
|29 May 2016||Service 177 handed over to Tower Transit|
|24 February 2017||Opening of Hillion Mall|
|26 February 2017||New Service 973|
|2H 2017||New ITH expected to be reopening soon.|
Since 16 December 2012, all services originating from the current bus interchange had been re-routed, as it has been closed to make way for the development of the Bukit Panjang Integrated Transport Hub (ITH). The new ITH is expected to be completed by 2nd Half 2017.
The current bus interchange will be developed into a new integrated transport hub. It will be integrated with the Bukit Panjang MRT and LRT stations as well as retail, F&B and residential developments co-located on the same site. It will provide commuters, residents and shoppers with easy access to the bus and rail network. Commuters in nearby residential developments and malls can look forward to running errands or shopping conveniently and comfortably, before transferring to their connecting buses or trains. Bukit Panjang ITH will be the 9th Air-conditioned Bus Interchange and 1st along Bt Panjang LRT and Downtown Line. Hillion is partially opening on 24 February 2017 & fully on 10 Mar 2017
Bus Contracting Model
Under the new bus contracting model, with the exception of Weekday service 177 under Bulim Bus Package, the rest of the services are under Choa Chu Kang-Bukit Panjang Bus Package.
- "Temporary bus service 979M to link Choa Chu Kang to Bukit Panjang MRT station". The Straits Times. Retrieved 10 January 2017.
- "Bukit Panjang Bus Interchange Closure". SMRT. November 16, 2012.
- "Factsheet: Better Bus Services in Bukit Panjang". Land Transport Authority. 28 June 2015.
- "Bukit Panjang Integrated Transport Hub to open in December 2017". Channel NewsAsia. 27 June 2015. Retrieved 28 June 2015.
- "NEW INTEGRATED TRANSPORT HUB IN 2015; GREATER CONVENIENCE, SEAMLESS TRANSFERS FOR BUKIT PANJANG COMMUTERS". Land Transport Authority. November 16, 2012.
/Terminal (SMRT Buses)
- SMRT INTRODUCES WAB SERVICES ON FOUR MORE BUS ROUTES TO SERVE PASSENGERS IN WHEELCHAIR
- INTRODUCTION OF 5TH TRIP Starting 16 July 2012
- Bukit Panjang Town Map & Services Guide
|This Singapore bus-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|