|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Hubs||Chernivtsi International Airport|
Bukovyna Airlines, also known as Bukovyna Aviation Enterprise, is a charter airline based in Chernivtsi, Ukraine, operating chartered passenger flights out of Chernivtsi International Airport. The company was founded in 1999. In 2013 Bukovyna was one of two Ukrainian airlines that had sanctions imposed against them by the US government. Bukovyna Airlines was hit with sanctions because it was leasing its US-built McDonnell Douglas MD-80 series aircraft to Iranian airlines Mahan Air and Iran Air. The Iranian airlines were themselves under sanction by the US government.
The Bukovyna Airlines fleet consists of the following aircraft (as of August 2016):
|McDonnell Douglas MD-82||6|
- British Aerospace BAe 146-300
- Fokker 100
- 2 further McDonnell Douglas MD-82
- McDonnell Douglas MD-83
- McDonnell Douglas MD-88
- Bukovyna Airlines entry at airlineupdate.com
- Hemmerdinger, John (5 June 2013). "US slaps sanctions on airlines suspected of aiding terrorism". Flight International. Retrieved 12 May 2015.
- Gladstone, Rick (May 31, 2013). "U.S. Targets Iran's Petrochemical Industry". The New York Times. Retrieved 12 May 2015.
- "Global Airline Guide 2016 (Part Two)". Airliner World (November 2016): 35.
- Bukovyna Airlines fleet list at planespotters.net retrieved 11 May 2015
- Media related to Bukovyna Airlines at Wikimedia Commons