This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|District of Uttar Pradesh|
Location of Bulandshahr district in Uttar Pradesh
|Tehsils||Bulandshahr, Syana, Anoopshahr,|
Shikarpur, Khurja, dibai, Sikandrabad
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||Bulandshahr|
|• Total||4,441 km2 (1,715 sq mi)|
|• Literacy||76.23 per cent|
|• Sex ratio||892|
|Major highways||National Highway 91|
Bulandshahr district (also spelled Bulandshahar) is a district in the Meerut region in the North India state of Uttar Pradesh located between 28.4° and 28.0° north latitudes and between 77.0° and 78.0° east longitudes. Bulandshahr is the district headquarters. It is part of National Capital Region of India. Bulandshahar district is surrounded by Aligarh district, Sambhal district, Gautam buddha nagar district, Hapur district and Amroha district.
According to the 2011 census, Bulandshahr district had a population of 3,498,507, roughly equal to the nation of Lithuania or the US state of Connecticut. This makes it the 85th most populous district of the total 640. The district has a population density of 788 inhabitants per square kilometre (2,040/sq mi).
In 1901, the population stood at 1,138,101.
- "District-specific Literates and Literacy Rates, 2001". Registrar General, India, Ministry of Home Affairs. Retrieved 2010-10-10.
- "Bulandshahar District Map". www.mapsofindia.com. Retrieved 2017-11-21.
- "National Capital Region Planning Board". ncrpb.nic.in. Retrieved 2017-11-10.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01.
Lithuania 3,535,547 July 2011 est.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2011-01-01. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- Chisholm, Hugh, ed. (1911). "Bulandshahr". Encyclopædia Britannica. 4 (11th ed.). Cambridge University Press. p. 771.
- "Bulandshahr Agriculture, District Level Information of Bulandshahr | Uttar Pradesh". www.districtsofindia.com. Retrieved 2017-11-21.
- "Agricultural Efficiency in Uttar Pradesh" (PDF).