|• MP||Ibrahim Ssemujju Nganda|
|Elevation||3,810 ft (1,160 m)|
Bulindo is bordered by Nakweero to the north, Kitukutwe to the northeast, Kigulu to the east, Mulawa to the south, Kitikifumba to the southwest, and Kazinga to the west. The neighborhood is about 3 kilometres (2 mi) north of the headquarters of Kira Town Council. This is approximately 18 kilometres (11 mi), by road, northeast of Kampala, the capital of and largest city in Uganda. The coordinates of Bulindo are 0°25'14.0"N, 32°38'43.0"E (Latitude:0.420556; Longitude:32.645278).
Before 2001, Bulindo was a residential and farming village. In 2001, a law was passed incorporating the village into the newly created Kira municipality, the second largest urban center in Uganda, with an estimated population of about 180,000 in 2011. Since 2000, Bulindo has developed into a middle-class residential neighbourhood, with planned housing developments and large private farms and ranches. Bulindo is connected to the national power grid and the water pipeline of the National Water and Sewerage Corporation.
Points of interest
These are some of the points of interest in or near Bulindo: (a) Bulindo Catholic Church, a place of worship affiliated with the Roman Catholic Church, (b) Shimoni Teacher Training College, a national elementary teacher training college with attached demonstration school, sitting on 25 acres (10 ha) in nearby Kitikifumba. The Kira-Nakweero road passes through Bulindo in a general north to south direction.
- Omongin, Emmy (18 December 2013). "Know your hood : Bulindo, A suburb sprouting from farmland". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 19 July 2017.
- GFC (3 August 2017). "Distance between Kira Town, Central Region, Uganda and Bulindo, Central Region, Uganda". Globefeed.com (GFC). Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- GFC (3 August 2017). "Distance between Post Office Building, Kampala Road, Kampala, Uganda and Bulindo, Central Region, Uganda". Globefeed.com (GFC). Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- Google (16 July 2015). "Location of Bulindo, Uganda" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 16 July 2015.
- UBOS. "Estimated Populations of Ugandan Cities And Towns In 2011" (PDF). Uganda Bureau of Statistic (UBOS). Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 July 2014. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- EC (21 July 2015). "Kampala Water - Lake Victoria Water And Sanitation Sector (WATSAN)". European Commission (EC). Retrieved 19 July 2017.
- EIB (27 October 2016). "Kampala Water - Lake Victoria Water and Sanitation Project (Uganda)". European Investment Bank (EIB). Retrieved 19 July 2017.
- Ssenkabirwa, Al-Mahdi (7 January 2011). "Shimoni Teachers College opens". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- Google (3 August 2017). "Location of Kira-Nakweero Road in Bulindo" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 3 August 2017.