Eucalyptus behriana, commonly known as bull mallee and broad-leaved box, is a species of Eucalyptus that is endemic to south-eastern Australia. The species was formally described by Victorian Government Botanist Ferdinand von Mueller in 1855.
Eucalptus behriana grow to between 6 and 12 metres high. The base of the tree forms a lignotuber and is covered by rough, fibrous bark. Higher up, the bark is glossy with grey, yellow green and copper colouration. The juvenile leaves are ovate, while the adult leaves are broad lanceolate or ovate and measure 18 to 38 mm in width. The flower buds occur in groups of 3 to 7; the operculum being shed to reveal white stamens in spring and summer. The cup-shaped or conical fruits are 3 to 5 mm wide.
Eucalptus behriana has a disjunct distribution in south-eastern Australia. In New South Wales it occurs in mallee shrubland near West Wyalong. In Victoria it occurs in the north-west, with the exception of a small outlying population in the south near Bacchus Marsh including Long Forest Nature Conservation Reserve. In South Australia, it has a scattered distribution across the south-east.
- Brooker, M.I.H.; Kleinig, D.A. (2006). Field Guide to Eucalypts (Volume 1: South-eastern Australia) (3 ed.). Melbourne: Bloomings Books. p. 216. ISBN 1876473525.
- "Eucalyptus behriana". Australian Plant Name Index (APNI), IBIS database. Centre for Plant Biodiversity Research, Australian Government, Canberra. Retrieved 11 April 2012.
- Nicolle, Dean. Eucalypts of Victoria and Tasmania. Bloomings Books. ISBN 978-1-876473-60-0.
- Hill, K. "Eucalyptus behriana F.Muell.". PlantNET - New South Wales Flora Online. Royal Botanic Gardens & Domain Trust, Sydney Australia. Retrieved 12 April 2010.
- "Eucalyptus behriana". Electronic Flora of South Australia Fact Sheet. State Herbarium of South Australia. Retrieved 13 April 2012.
|This tree-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Eucalyptus article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Australian rosid article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|