Bullard High School (Fresno, California)
|Bullard High School|
|5445 N. Palm Avenue
Fresno California 93704
|School district||Fresno Unified School District|
|Faculty||100.0 (on FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||25.6:1|
|Color(s)||Navy, Columbia, and White|
|Athletics conference||California Interscholastic Federation|
|Nickname||Home of the Knights|
|Website||fresnounified.org/schools/high/bullard[permanent dead link]|
Bullard High School is a public secondary school located in Fresno, California. Founded in 1955, it is part of the Fresno Unified School District, and as of 2011[update] had around 2,650 students on roll in grades 9-12, approximately 650 students per grade.
As of the 2014-2015 school year, the student population was 41% Caucasian, 38% Hispanic,13% African American, 5% Asian and 3% Other. Approximately 3% of the students have been identified as English Language Learners.
Bullard High School offers a comprehensive Division I interscholastic athletics program with 24 different varsity-level sports. The athletics program has produced Major League Baseball players including Steve Ellsworth, Dave Meier, Stan Papi, Randy Asadoor and Rex Hudler. Former Fresno State and NFL quarterback Kevin Sweeney is another notable Bullard alumnus. The school has had consistent success in baseball, softball, volleyball (boys and girls), tennis, water polo, and soccer in which the 2009 boys team won a section title and were state championship runners-up, and has had recent success in varsity football, including a central section title in 2009. The girls soccer team won a section title in 2011 (also state championship runners-up) along with the boys basketball team that same year.
- Lynn Williams, professional soccer player, Western New York Flash
- Joe Cooper, NFL kicker, Super Bowl champion
- Steve Ellsworth, Boston Red Sox pitcher
- Dave Meier, Major League Baseball outfielder
- Stan Papi, Major League Baseball player
- Kevin Sweeney, NFL quarterback
- Randy Asadoor, San Diego Padres infielder
- Rex Hudler Major League Baseball utility player
- Robert Kendrick, professional tennis player, well known for collegiate Div. I success
- Andy Finch, professional snowboarder. Competed in the halfpipe finals at the 2006 Winter Olympics in Torino, Italy.
- Vern Poythress, Calvinist philosopher and theologian
- Jason Glover, Top 8 of SYTYCD season 5
- Anthony McCoy, Seattle Seahawks tight end
- Nick Howell, San Francisco 49ers Offensive Linemen
- Robert Westenberg, Tony-nominated Broadway Actor
- Kevin Federline, entertainer and former husband of Britney Spears 
- Desmond Brooks, Chivas USA Major League Soccer
- "Profile". Bullard High School. Archived from the original on 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-10.
- California School Directory
- "Bullard High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved 2009-10-29.
- "Directory of Schools 2005-2006" (PDF). Western Association of Schools and Colleges. June 2005. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-10-10. Retrieved 2008-01-10.
- "1977 Draft -- June Regular Phase". Major League Baseball. Retrieved 2008-01-10.
- "1969 Draft -- June Regular Phase". Major League Baseball. Retrieved 2008-01-10.
- "1980 Draft -- June Regular Phase". Major League Baseball. Retrieved 2008-01-10.
- "1978 Draft -- June Regular Phase". Major League Baseball. Retrieved 2008-01-10.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-01-06. Retrieved 2009-07-02.
- "high school photo". Retrieved 2012-05-18.