From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A bullpen or bull pen may refer to:
- Literally, a pen or enclosure for bulls
- In baseball, the bullpen, an area for pitchers to warm up, also the location of relief pitchers.
- A fortified ridge at the Siege of Port Hudson
- Broadly, any group of people kept together or in reserve for a common goal, such as the staff of Marvel Comics' Bullpen Bulletins
Open areas holding large groups of people, such as:
- The bull pen or bull system, where Australian waterfront workers' under the Dog collar act were hired for the day.
- Temporary prison-like areas in the United States for miners arrested for trying to organize into unions.
- An open plan office layout
- The fan zone of Reliant Stadium
- A round pen with solid-walled sides for training horses
- A holding cell that contains a large number of prisoners
- A prison yard or open area where prisoners are held
- An open area in a prison camp
- A system of prostitution, credited to Jean O'Hara, where a single prostitute would work three rooms in rotation.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Bullpen.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.