|Municipality of Buluan|
Map of Maguindanao showing the location of Buluan
|Region||Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM)|
|• Mayor||Lorena D. Mangudadatu|
|• Total||699.50 km2 (270.08 sq mi)|
|• Density||54/km2 (140/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
It currently serves as the provisional capital of Maguindanao after the brutal Maguindanao Massacre and which the former capitol, Shariff Aguak is controlled by the Ampatuan Clan, the rival family of the Mangudadatus. The legislative building is now located at the Sultan Kudarat municipality.
- Lower Siling
- Upper Siling
Buluan used to comprise a vast area surrounding Lake Buluan when it was created as one of the municipalities of Cotabato on August 8, 1947 by Executive Order No. 82 of Pres. Manuel Roxas. On August 3, 1951, the municipality of Tacurong was created out of its south-western portion. In 1961, its south-eastern portion was separated to form the municipality of Cotabato on, six years later its southern portion was made into the municipality of Lutayan. It was made part of the province of Maguindanao on November 22, 1973, at the same time ceding its western coast of Lake Buluan to create the municipality of President Quirino, which was made part of Sultan Kudarat province. Its northern portion was made into the municipality of Gen. S. K. Pendatun on April 7, 1991. Its area was further divided on December 30, 2006, when two more municipalities were created out of its territory namely: Mangudadatu and Pandag, losing 8 barangays to each of the two new towns, effectively losing its Lake Buluan coastline to the former.
|Population census of Buluan|
|Census numbers prior to 2006 include the
municipalities of Mangudadatu and Pandag.
Source: National Statistics Office
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- National Statistical Coordination Board. "PSGC Interactive: Municipality/City: BULUAN". Retrieved 2008-05-19.
- Commission on Audit. "Executive Summary of the 1999 Annual Audit Report on the Municipality of Buluan". Retrieved 2008-05-19.
- National Statistical Coordination Board - Region XII. "Brief Overview of Tacurong City". Retrieved 2008-05-19.
- Commission on Audit (2004-06-02). "Glimpse of Columbio". Retrieved 2008-05-19.
- Chan Robles Virtual Law Library (1998-07-19). "Republic Act No. 4868". Retrieved 2008-05-19.
- Chan Robles Virtual Law Library (1998-07-19). "Presidential Decree No. 341". Retrieved 2008-05-18.
- Chan Robles Virtual Law Library (1998-07-19). "Presidential Decree No. 339". Retrieved 2008-05-18.
- National Statistics Office (2001-04-23). "Census 2000 Final Counts". Retrieved 2008-05-19.
- National Statistical Coordination Board (2007-03-26). "2007 Factsheet - Did you know that... ARMM now has six provinces". Retrieved 2008-05-19.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|President Quirino, Sultan Kudarat||Pandag