|Directed by||Travis Knight|
|Story by||Christina Hodson|
|Music by||Dario Marianelli|
|Edited by||Paul Rubell|
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
Bumblebee is an upcoming American science fiction action film centered around the Transformers character of the same name. It is the sixth installment of the live-action Transformers film series and a prequel to 2007's Transformers. The film is directed by Travis Knight and written by Christina Hodson and Kelly Fremon Craig, and stars Hailee Steinfeld, John Cena, Jorge Lendeborg Jr., John Ortiz, Jason Drucker, and Pamela Adlon. It is also the first live-action Transformers film not to be directed by Michael Bay, though he still acts as a producer.
Twenty years before the events of the first film, in 1987, Bumblebee takes refuge in a small California beach town junkyard, where a teenage girl named Charlie Watson takes him in. However, the two of them soon find themselves hunted by a government agency known as Sector 7, led by Agent Burns. As they run from society, the two learn that Bee isn't the only Transformer on Earth, and that the others might not be as friendly.
- Hailee Steinfeld as Charlie Watson, a teenage girl who finds and befriends Bumblebee
- John Cena as Burns, an agent of Sector 7
- Jorge Lendeborg Jr. as Memo, Charlie's friend
- John Ortiz as Powell, an agent of Sector 7
- Jason Drucker as Otis Watson, Charlie's younger brother
- Pamela Adlon as Charlie’s mother
- Rachel Crow
- Abby Quinn
- Gracie Dzienny
- Ricardo Hoyos
- Kenneth Choi
- Stephen Schneider
- Rory Markham as Adams, an agent of Sector 7
- Len Cariou
- Bumblebee, a young Autobot scout who transforms into a yellow Willys MB jeep before switching for a rusty yellow 1967 Volkswagen Beetle.
- Peter Cullen as the voice of Optimus Prime, the leader of the Autobots.
- Angela Bassett as the voice of Shatter, a Decepticon triple-changer who transforms into a red Plymouth Satellite and a Harrier Jump Jet.
- Justin Theroux as the voice of Dropkick, a Decepticon triple-changer who transforms into a blue AMC Javelin and a Bell AH-1 SuperCobra.
- David Sobolov as the voice of Blitzwing, a Decepticon seeker who transforms into a red/white McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II
- Jess Harnell as the voice of Barricade, a Decepticon scout.
- Shockwave, a Decepticon scientist.
- Soundwave, a Decepticon Communications officer who houses a series of minions that transforms into cassette tapes.
On February 12, 2016, it was announced that the sixth film in the Transformers series Transformers 6 would be released on June 8, 2018, while later it was revealed that the film would be an untitled spin-off, featuring Bumblebee. On November 11, 2016, Deadline reported that Paramount Pictures was moving forward with the project by revealing that Christina Hodson had written the script for the spin-off, and she was one of the female writers Paramount and Michael Bay hired in the "writers room." On March 2, 2017, Deadline reported that Travis Knight was hired to direct the film. In May 2017, it was revealed that the film's story would be set in the 1980s, and that it would have fewer robots. In the same month, it was announced that it would be titled as Transformers Universe: Bumblebee.
In May 2017, it was reported that Hailee Steinfeld was in talks for the female lead in the film, and she confirmed her involvement later in June. On July 11, 2017, Jorge Lendeborg Jr. joined the cast as the male lead. On July 12, 2017, The Tracking Board confirmed that Rachel Crow had been cast in the film. On July 13, 2017, the rest of the core cast of the film was confirmed, including Jason Drucker, Abby Quinn, Ricardo Hoyos and Gracie Dzienny. On July 22, 2017, it was reported that Pamela Adlon had been cast in the film to play Steinfeld's mother. On July 31, 2017, the film added John Cena to its lead cast along with Kenneth Choi and Stephen Schneider in the supporting cast. On October 2, 2017, while interviewing in promotion for the home media release of Transformers: The Last Knight, Peter Cullen revealed he will be in the film. On December 11, 2017, it was revealed that actor Martin Short has joined the film's voice work. On May 31, 2018, Jess Harnell revealed he will be reprising his role as the voice of Barricade from the 2007 film and The Last Knight. On July 13, 2018, it was announced that Angela Bassett and Justin Theroux would be voicing a pair of Decepticons respectively called Shatter and Dropkick. On August 26, 2018, voice actor David Sobolov, who had previously voiced Depthcharge in Beast Wars: Transformers, Brawl in the 2007 video game and Shockwave in Transformers: Prime confirmed he will voice Blitzwing.
Principal photography on the film began on July 31, 2017, in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Vallejo, and Mare Island, California, and was scheduled to finish on November 16, 2017, under the working title Brighton Falls. Filming concluded 6 days ahead of schedule on November 10, 2017.
Later, in November 2017, the film was revealed to have changed its title to Bumblebee: The Movie, as well as having wrapped up filming.
Bumblebee is scheduled to be released in the United States on December 21, 2018 by Paramount Pictures, having initially being set for a June 8, 2018 release. The first trailer was released on June 5, 2018. The new trailer was released on September 24, 2018 while its international trailer was released on the same date showing that Bumblebee was formerly disguised into an old Jeep Wrangler before he became a Volkswagen Beetle.
- "映画『バンブルビー』公式サイト 2019年 春".
- "Dario Marianelli to Score 'Transformers' Spinoff 'Bumblebee'". Film Music Reporter. Retrieved May 9, 2018.
- Film and Television Tax Credit Program Program 2.0 (PDF) (Report). California Film Commission. p. 7. Retrieved April 28, 2018.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (July 31, 2017). "'Transformers' Spinoff 'Bumblebee' Flies To December 2018". Deadline. Retrieved August 1, 2017.
- "Hascon 2011: The Bumblebee Movie Tidbits - Transformers News - TFW2005". September 9, 2017.
- "Peter Cullen Confirmed In The Bumblebee Movie - Transformers News - TFW2005". October 2, 2017.
- "First Look: Bumblebee unveils two new Decepticon muscle cars". Entertainment Weekly. July 13, 2018.
- "Bumblebee (2018) - Official Teaser Trailer - Paramount Pictures". June 5, 2018.
- "San Diego Comic Con 2018 - Bumblebee The Movie Panel - Transformers News - TFW2005". news.tfw2005.com.
- "Jess Harnell Reprises His Role As Barricade For Transformers: Bumblebee - Transformers News". TFW2005.
- "How 'Bumblebee' Trailer Demonstrates Best of Both Worlds". The Hollywood Reporter.
- "Martin Short Working On Voice-over For Transformers: Bumblebee - Transformers News - TFW2005". news.tfw2005.com.
- Perry, Spencer (February 12, 2016). "2018 Transformers Movie is a Bumblebee Spin-Off Film". ComingSoon.net. Retrieved February 20, 2016.
- Jr, Mike Fleming (November 11, 2016). "Paramount Buzzing Over Christina Hodson 'Bumblebee' Transformers Spinoff Script". Deadline. Retrieved November 12, 2016.
- Busch, Anita (March 2, 2017). "Travis Knight To Direct 'Transformers' Spinoff 'Bumblebee' At Paramount". Deadline. Retrieved March 3, 2017.
- Optimus, Silver (May 21, 2017). "Empire Magazine Article On Transformers Cinematic Universe – Transformers News – TFW2005". TFW2005.COM. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- Lesnick, Silas (May 23, 2017). "Licensing Expo 2017 - Full Gallery at ComingSoon.net". ComingSoon.net. Retrieved July 31, 2017.
- Kroll, Justin (May 31, 2017). "Hailee Steinfeld Eyes 'Transformers' Spinoff 'Bumblebee' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved July 31, 2017.
- "Hailee Steinfeld confirms part in Transformers spin-off". BBC Newsbeat. June 12, 2017. Retrieved July 31, 2017.
- Ford, Rebecca (July 11, 2017). "'Transformers' Spinoff 'Bumblebee' Casts Jorge Lendeborg Jr. as Male Lead (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 12, 2017.
- Sneider, Jeff (July 12, 2017). "Rachel Crow in Talks for Key Role in "Transformers" Spinoff "Bumblebee" (Exclusive)". The Tracking Board. Retrieved July 31, 2017.
- Ford, Rebecca (July 13, 2017). "'Transformers' Spinoff 'Bumblebee' Rounds Out Cast (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 31, 2017.
- Hipes, Patrick (July 22, 2017). "Pamela Adlon Joins Cast Of 'Transformers' Spinoff 'Bumblebee'". Deadline. Retrieved July 24, 2017.
- LOUGHLIN, SEAN. "Steve Martin and Martin Short head to Borgata for an unforgettable evening".
- "Exclusive: 'Bumblebee' unveils two new Decepticon trackers".
- "David Sobolov on Twitter".
- Marc, Christopher (July 23, 2017). "'Bumblebee' aka Brighton Falls To Wrap Filming In November". Omega Underground. Retrieved July 31, 2017.
- Kaye, Don (July 27, 2017). "Transformers: Bumblebee starts shooting next week". Den of Geek. Retrieved July 31, 2017.
- Wood, Matt (November 12, 2017). "The Bumblebee Movie Just Got A New Title And A Cool 80s Logo - CinemaBlend". CinemaBlend. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- Anderson, Jenna (5 June 2018). "Transformers 'Bumblebee: The Movie' Trailer Released". comicbook.com. Retrieved 20 August 2018.
- Paramount Pictures (2018-09-24), Bumblebee (2018) - New Official Trailer - Paramount Pictures, retrieved 2018-09-24
- Comicbook.com (2018-09-24), BUMBLEBEE International Trailer (2018) John Cena Transformers Movie HD, retrieved 2018-09-24