Bumi Laut Group
|Arya Johan Singgih, former Chairman Jaka Aryadipa Singgih. CEO and managing director now Jay Singgih|
|Products||Shipping, logistics, transportation, energy, investments|
Number of employees
PT Bumi Laut Shipping Corp or Bumi Laut Group is one of the oldest shipping companies in Indonesia. The Bumi Laut Group is headquartered in Jakarta, with offices throughout Indonesia. It controls a range of wholly owned businesses, including shipping, logistics, transportation, infrastructure, agriculture and resource based industries as well as financial advisory and investments.
The Bumi Laut Group traces its origins to 1922, when its first office was opened in the Port of Belawan Deli, North Sumatera, Indonesia, which was at one time the biggest natural commodity exporting port in Indonesia.
The group's businesses
The Bumi Laut Group is primarily involved in the Shipping and Logistics oriented businesses, amongst others:
• Ship owning and operating;
• International Shipping Agencies (Marketing and Sales, Ship Handling, Port Operations and Terminal Services);
• Shipmanagement (Crew Agency and Management, Marine, Nautical and Technical Services);
• Chartering & Tramping Operations (Spot Shipping Business);
• Logistics (Freight Forwarding, Inland Transportation, Warehousing and Depot Facilities and other Supporting Services);
• Project Cargo, General Bulk Cargoes and Energy Transportation (Contract, Parcel and Regular Liner Business);
• Inter-island Feeder Service/Commercial Shipping Line;
• Marine and Offshore Services;
• Infrastructure (Port, Jetty, Stockpile) and Transportation of Coal and other Bulk Cargoes;
The group's diversified businesses
The Bumi Laut Group is involved in other diversified activities, such as:
• International Airline Agencies;
• Tours and Travel;
• General Contracting and Trading of Coal, Tin, Copra, Cashew Nuts and other Natural Resources;
• Sole Distributors and Agents for Royal Selangor products and Coomyns Sterling Silvers;
• Financial Advisory (Mergers and Acquisitions, Public Private Partnerships and IPO Advisory);
• Private Equity Investments;
• Venture Capital Investments.
List of key executives
• Arya Johan Singgih (second generation), Chairman. • Jaka Aryadipa Singgih (third generation), CEO and managing director. • Jay Aryaputra Singgih
- The Bumi Laut Group is now in its fourth generation of business owners.