Bump in the Night (TV series)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Bump in the Night|
|Created by||Ken Pontac
Jennifer Darling (5 segments, 1 double-length episode and 1 special)
E. G. Daily (2 segments)
Rob Paulsen (theme song, 41 segments, 1 double-length episode, a few Mr. Bumpy's Karaoke Cafe songs and 1 special)
Anndi McAfee (6 segments and 1 double-length episode)
Gail Matthius (theme song, 27 segments, 1 double-length episode, a few Mr. Bumpy's Karaoke Cafe songs and 1 special)
Scott McAfee (9 segments)
Jeff Bennett (3 segments)
April Winchell (2 segments)
Janice Kawaye (3 segments)
Danny Mann (1 segment and 1 special)
Gilbert Gottfried (1 segments)
Valery Pappas (5 segments, 1 double-length episode and 1 special)
Mary McDonald Lewis (4 segments)
Brad Garrett (1 segment)
Cheech Marin (1 special)
Cathy Moriarty (1 special)
|Narrated by||Jim Cummings (The Night of the Living Bread and Loss of Face)
Gail Matthius (Beauty and the Bump)
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||27 (List of episodes)|
|Running time||7 minutes
10 minutes (I Dream of Silverfish only)
8 minutes (Story Problems only)
|Production company(s)||Danger Productions|
|Original release||September 10, 1994 – December 9, 1995|
Bump in the Night is an American animated series by Danger Productions (later co-produced and distributed by DIC Entertainment) that was filmed using stop-motion animation and aired on ABC from 1994 to 1995. It was created and directed by Ken Pontac and David Bleiman. The series was then broadcast on Toon Disney from 1998 to 2001.
Mr. Bumpy is a small green, purple-warted monster living under the bed of a ten-year-old boy, where he eats dirty socks and dust bunnies as if they were delicacies. His best friends are Squishington, a blue monster that lived in the bathroom's toilet tank; and Molly Coddle, a Frankenstein's monster-like rag doll belonging to the boy's sister who acts as the straight man to the other's crazy antics.
Other characters include Destructo, the boy's toy robot who sees himself as a cop and persecutes Mr. Bumpy for his actions. There's also the Closet Monster, who's made up of the boy's pile of clothes and chases after Mr. Bumpy.
The show was traditionally split into two major parts per half hour (occasionally dedicating a full half hour per show, or sometimes splitting into three parts), and usually if not always had a music video at the end of the episode, starring the three main characters and any minor characters involved in the episode. This musical montage would take clips from the episode itself and reiterate the life lessons learned in the episode.
- Jim Cummings - Mr. Bumpy, the Closet Monster (Mr. Bumpy's rival), Destructo (Mr. Bumpy's rival), various
- Rob Paulsen - Squishington (Mr. Bumpy's brother), Sleemoth (Gloog's partner), Dad (actor, the Boy's father), various
- Gail Matthius - Miss Molly Coddle, the comfort doll (Mr. Bumpy's girlfriend), Anti-Molly (Molly Coddle's villian), various
- Mary McDonald Lewis - The Mom (actress, the Boy's mother), the Cute Dolls, various
- Jeff Bennett - Gloog
- Janice Kawaye - Little Robot/Big Robot, Little Robot's Sister/Big Robot's Sister, Yellow Bunny, various
- Scott McAfee - The Boy (actor)
- Anndi McAfee - Little Sister (actress, the Boy's baby sister), various
- Brad Garrett - Big Mike (in the episode "Baby Jail")
- Jennifer Darling and Valery Pappas - The Cute Dolls, various
- Danny Mann - Phil Silverfish
- Elizabeth Daily- Germ Girl (Squishington's girlfriend), various
- Gilbert Gottfried - Odiferous J. Stench (Mr. Bumpy's rival, in the episode "Love Stinks")
- April Winchell - Auntie Matta (Mr. Bumpy's aunt), The Princess (in the storybook episode "Beauty and the Bump"), various
- Cheech Marin - Juaquin Gusanito Sin Manos
- Cathy Moriarty (uncredited) - Destructette (Destructo's girlfriend)
- Performing Musicians for the music of the show: Wayne Boone (Guitar), Kevin Konklin (Guitar), Eric Ferry (Drums), Ray Brinker (Drums)
"Twas the Night Before Bumpy" was a Christmas special that aired in 1995.
- Jim Cummings (Mr. Bumpy) was nominated for an Emmy for Voice Acting in the Field of Animation in 1994.
- Molly: Tales from the Toy Chest
- Squishington: Tales from the Tank
- Mr. Bumpy: Tales from Under the Bed
- The Hubbish About Rubbish
- Hocus-Pocus, Pranks and Play
- Monsters on a Mission
- Dreams and Dilemmas
- Night of the Living Bread
- Mr. Bumpy's Karaoke Cafe
- 'Twas The Night Before Bumpy (Christmas special, 63 minutes. Originally split into 3 episodes)
- Night of the Living Bread (Original September 23, 2003. Re-Released August 21, 2007)
- Twas The Night Before Bumpy (October 23, 2007)
- Bump in the Night-The Complete Series (Shout Factory! release, April 20, 2010; Out of Print as of late 2012)
On February 16, 2016, Mill Creek Entertainment will re-release Bump in the Night- The Complete Series on DVD in Region 1. The 2-disc set will contain all 26 episodes of the series as well as the Christmas special 'Twas the Night Before Bumpy'.
- Latchem, John (February 26, 2010). "Shout! Factory Maxing Out". Home Media Magazine. Retrieved February 27, 2010.
- "Bump in the Night DVD news: Re-Release for Bump in the Night - The Complete Series". TVShowsOnDVD.com. 2015-11-13. Retrieved 2016-02-22.