|Elevation||328 ft (100 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1464090|
Bumpass is an unincorporated community in Louisa County, Virginia, United States. Its post office is still in service. National Historical Places registered in Bumpass include the Duke House and Jerdone Castle. The latter is a plantation (now lakefront) where George Washington spent the night on June 10th during his 1791 Southern tour.
- "Post Offices by County: Louisa County, Virginia". Postmaster Finder. United States Postal Service. Retrieved May 6, 2020.
- "Bumpass". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Bumpass, Virginia". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Bumpass VA post office
- NPS.gov (2018). "Virginia - List View". Find a Park. National Park Service. Retrieved February 21, 2018.
- Bingham, Warren (2016). George Washington's 1791 Southern Tour. Charleston, SC: The History Press. ISBN 9781467119795.
- "Odd town names often result of egos". Daily Press (Newport News, Virginia). Harrisonbour, Virginia. Associated Press. December 29, 1992. p. 13. Retrieved May 6, 2020.
- BumpassVirginia.com - An Old Fashioned Country Website
- Chronology of the C&Os Piedmont Sub, Bumpass (Site about Bumpass, Virginia)