|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
A bungee chair is a chair that has bungee cords or bands incorporated in its construction. While the chair’s legs and other components are usually made with traditional materials such as plastic or metal, the seating and back portions of the chair are made with bungee.
Bungee chairs are noted for their distinctive style and form. The open spaces between each bungee band tend to give the chair a unique sense of breathability and "bounce". The chair's bungee bands can be either rounded or flattened, and the number of bands on each make of bungee chair may vary.
- Kang, Julie (January 21, 2015). "Bungee Chair 1.0". Rhode Island School of Design Portfolios. Retrieved December 6, 2015.
- Deer, Karen (August 1, 2014). "Supplies and new gadgets for back-to-school". St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Retrieved December 6, 2015.
The Bunjo Hex bungee chair is both functional and stylish
- "Bungee Chair". BookOfJoe. January 28, 2006. Retrieved December 6, 2015.
- Savard, W. Alex (April 17, 2012). "Cantilever Chair". Rhode Island School of Design Portfolios. Retrieved December 6, 2015.
- "Fire Code Chairs". Deerfield Academy. August 2013. Retrieved December 6, 2015.
By all accounts these are remarkably comfortable chairs...Bungee seat allows for ultimate support and air circulation
- "Bunjo Chair". Bunjo Chair. Retrieved December 6, 2015.
Ideal for dorm and rec rooms
- "Super-Bungee Chair". Brookstone. Retrieved December 6, 2015.