Bungle in the Jungle
|"Bungle in the Jungle"|
|Single by Jethro Tull|
|from the album War Child|
|Released||14 October 1974 (U.S.)|
26 October 1974 (UK)
|Recorded||1974 at Morgan Studios, London|
|Genre||Progressive rock, hard rock|
|Jethro Tull singles chronology|
"Bungle in the Jungle" is a song by British progressive rock band Jethro Tull. It was released on their 1974 album War Child, and became their greatest North American hit. It would be their second and final Top 40 hit in the U.S., reaching No. 12 in January, 1975. It was their longest charting single at 16 weeks.
Composition and recording
In early 1972 or late 1973, Jethro Tull were in Paris, recording what in time came to be known as "The Chateau D'isaster Tapes". Not released at the time, however, one or two of the songs managed to get recorded in the albums A Passion Play and War Child. At that time Anderson was working on a different album about the human condition, with analogies from the animal kingdom. "Bungle in the Jungle" was finished just in time to be put onto War Child in 1974.
The song was written and composed to become part of the soundtrack for a film which was never actually produced. The film screenplay script was a black comedy about a dead teenage girl visiting Heaven and her various misadventures in the afterlife.
- Jethro Tull
- Ian Anderson – flute, acoustic guitar, vocals
- Martin Barre – electric guitar, Spanish guitar
- John Evan – piano, organ, synthesisers, accordion
- Jeffrey Hammond – bass guitar
- Barriemore Barlow – drums, percussion
- Additional personnel
- David Palmer – orchestral arrangements
- Robin Black - Sound engineer
- Terry Ellis - Executive Producer
- "Top Singles - Volume 22, No. 24, February 08 1975". Collectionscanada.gc.ca. Library and Archives Canada. Archived from the original on August 17, 2016.
- "Bungle in the Jungle". Songfacts.com.
- David Kent's "Australian Chart Book 1970-1992" Archived 2016-03-05 at the Wayback Machine
- Joel Whitburn's Top Pop Singles 1955-1990 - ISBN 0-89820-089-X
- Whitburn, Joel (1999). Pop Annual. Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin: Record Research Inc. ISBN 0-89820-142-X.
- Lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics
- "Bungle in the Jungle by Jethro Tull". Songfacts.
- ""Bungle In The Jungle" by Jethro Tull". Classic Lyrics Daily.
|This 1970s rock song–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|