|Frequency||8 issues per year|
|Company||PSP Publishing Ltd|
bunkered is a Scottish golf magazine published by PSP Publishing. Based in Glasgow, Scotland, the magazine was launched in 1995 and is published eight times per year. It covers the entire spectrum of golf, with a particular emphasis on Scottish golf. It is the most widely read golf publication in Scotland, outselling all other golf publications combined. Recent figures show the magazine's circulation has grown 18% in the past four years (to January 2014).
The first official edition of bunkered was launched in April 1996 and was the first of four issues that year. In 1998, production was increased to five editions per year and, in 1999, was upped to six editions. Since 2002, the magazine has been published eight times per year. The magazine celebrated the publication of its 100th edition in 2010 at the Open Championship in St Andrews. In 1999, bunkered became the biggest-selling golf magazine in Scotland, a position it has continued to strengthen. The magazine is renowned for its excellent blend of content, including: big-name interviews, in-depth features, top instruction tips, informed columnists and opinions, golf course reviews and information, golf holiday destinations and travel advice, as well as the very-latest, up-to-the-minute golf equipment.
The vast majority of golf's biggest names have been interviewed for the magazine through the years, such as Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Tom Watson, Gary Player, Seve Ballesteros, Colin Montgomerie, Donald Trump and many more besides.
bunkered has also been behind many exciting initiatives and events, such as the bunkered Matchplay Challenge, which was held in 2004 and 2007. A Ryder Cup-style match, it saw teams representing the Scottish amateur and professional circuits do battle with one another.
The ongoing success of bunkered has enabled PSP Publishing to branch out and diversify its products. This included the launch of the popular, annual Scottish Golf Show in 2006.
Green Fee Savers
In 1999, bunkered launched Green Fee Savers, a discount golf scheme that enables recreational golfers to enjoy half-price rounds at hundreds of clubs across the UK and Ireland. It remains one of the most popular golf discount schemes operating in the country to this day.
- Arthur Montford - 1996–present
- Paul Lawrie - 2001–05
- Colin Montgomerie - 2008–10
- Bernard Gallacher - 1998–2008
bunkered and its personnel have won a number of PPA Awards over the years.
- Scottish Publisher of the Year, 2011
- Consumer Magazine Editor of the Year, 2010
- Consumer Magazine Editor of the Year, 2008
- Scottish Brand Development of the Year, 2009
- Scottish Publisher of the Year, 2006
- Scottish Consumer Magazine of the Year, 2004
- "PSP Publishing - bunkered magazine". PSP Publishing. Retrieved 22 January 2014.
- "Bunkered Magazine Subscriptions - WH Smith". WH Smith. Retrieved 22 January 2014.
- "Ton up for bunkered magazine". allmediascotland.com. Retrieved 23 June 2010.
- "Sales joy for bunkered Magazine". allmediascotland.com. Retrieved 22 February 2011.
- "Green Fee Savers - Half-Price Golf in the UK and Ireland". PSP Publishing. Retrieved 22 January 2014.
- "bunkered editor scoops top award". GolfBusinessNews.com. Retrieved 2 February 2011.