|Founder||George R. Bunn Jr.|
|Headquarters||Springfield, Illinois, U.S.|
|CEO Arthur Bunn|
|Products||Home and commercial appliances|
Bunn-O-Matic Corporation is an American manufacturer of dispensed beverage equipment (including coffee and tea) headquartered in Springfield, Illinois with a plant in Creston, Iowa. The company was founded in 1957 by George R. Bunn Jr., who invented the flat-bottom fluted coffee filter and the pour-over drip coffee brewer.[verification needed] Today, the corporation's products are sold under the BUNN and Bunn-O-Matic brands. The company's home coffeemakers are used throughout the United States and Canada, but the company's primary customers are institutional foodservice providers worldwide. The company introduced their first automatic drip-brew coffee maker in 1963. The company introduced their first drip brewer for the home market in 1972. The current president and CEO is Arthur H. Bunn.
On June 26, 2020, the company headquarters became the scene of a workplace shooting in which an employee fatally shot three coworkers before fleeing and committing suicide at another location. The motive remains unclear, according to police.
Products and Services
Bunn-O-Matic offers a wide range of commercial, domestic, and gourmet food products and accessories.
The commercial sector includes several products for brewing coffees, expressos, teas, juices, hot chocolates, water, and a variety of filters for the appliances. It is common to find touch screens and USB ports for programming on the commercial models.
The company also makes various home and domestic coffee makers under the Speed Brew and Heat N' Brew families.
Bunn Gourmet is a newer service of specialty foods and dishes available for order or pick-up at Pease's Stores. This amenity gives customers the option to choose between different steaks, soups, and snacks.
Bunn-O-Matic has an international resource for all of its products through BunnServe. Customers can call in for customer service the maintenance of their products.
- Call, Andrew Taylor (2005). Jacob Bunn: Legacy of an Illinois Industrial Pioneer. Brunswick Pub. p. 245. ISBN 9781556182099.
- "Innovation". www.bunn.com. Retrieved 2018-11-04.
- "Bunn Coffee Maker". www.coffeebrandcenter.com.
- "Coffee Maker". Best Espresso Maker 2017.
- Moore, Brenden (June 26, 2020). "Two Bunn-O-Matic shooting victims identified; third victim dies". State Journal-Register. Retrieved August 9, 2020.
- Crawford, Sean (July 1, 2020). "No Motive Discovered In Bunn-O-Matic Shooting". NPR Illinois. Retrieved August 9, 2020.
- "Commercial". www.Bunn.com. Retrieved October 15, 2020.
- ""Retail"". www.Bunn.com. Retrieved October 15, 2020.
- "Bunn Gourmet". www.Bunn.com. Retrieved October 15, 2020.
|This article related to a manufacturing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This coffee-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|