Bupyeong Station (Gyeongin Line)
|Location||738-21 Bupyeong 1-dong,
|Operated by||Korail, Incheon Transit Corporation|
|September 18, 1899
August 15, 1974 (Line 1)
|Line 1 opened|
|October 6, 1999||Line 1 opened|
|Passengers||(Daily) Based on Jan-Dec of 2012.
Seoul Line 1: 90,620
Incheon Line 1: 12,474
Bupyeong Station is a subway station located in Bupyeong District, a district in Incheon, South Korea. This station is on the Seoul Subway Line 1 and Incheon Subway Line 1. It is one of the most crowded stations on the Incheon line because of its central location and its connection to the Seoul line.
- Exit 1: Bupyeong 6-dong Office,Yerim School,Bupyeong Catholic Medical Center
- Exit 2: Bupyeong Elementary School,Buil Girls' Middle School,Bupyeong 2-dong Office
- Exit 3: Police branch office at Bupyeong Station
The station is connected with an underground passage, consisting of small shops that sell various types of goods, including clothes, accessories, electronic devices and books. Many of these goods can be purchased cheaper than standard retail establishments. In addition, the station building has a Uniqlo store, food court, retail shops, various restaurants and a large Lotte Mart store.
According to data, the number of passengers traveling via this station has greatly decreased over the past few years. This is believed to be caused by the deployment of Metropolitan City buses.
|Incheon Subway Line 1||-||-||-||6174||5501||5200||6064||5768||5639||5478||5629||5934||6457|
In popular culture
The station has appeared several times in the widely popular South Korean film My Sassy Girl.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bupyeong Station.|
- "부평역" (in Korean). Doopedia. Retrieved 2016-01-12.
- "부평역" (in Korean). KRIC. Retrieved 2016-01-12.
- Monthly Number of Passengers between Subway Stations Archived October 6, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.. Korea Transportation Database, 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-15.
- Original data from Seoul Metro in 2012
|Preceding station||Seoul Metropolitan Subway||Following station|
|Incheon Line 1|