Burden (2018 film)
|Directed by||Andrew Heckler|
|Written by||Andrew Heckler|
|Music by||Dickon Hinchliffe|
|Edited by||Julie Monroe|
Bill Kenwright Films
The Fyzz Facility
Burden is an 2018 American drama film, inspired by true events. The film was produced by Robbie Brenner and was written and directed by Andrew Heckler. The film stars Garrett Hedlund, Forest Whitaker, Andrea Riseborough, Tom Wilkinson, Tess Harper, and Usher. The film premiered at the 2018 Sundance Film Festival and won the U.S. Dramatic Audience Award.
The film follows Mike Burden (Hedlund), an orphan raised within the Ku Klux Klan who attempts to break away when the girl he falls in love with urges him to leave for a better life together. The Klan seeks Mike out for vengeance, a black church congregation led by Reverend Kennedy takes Mike, his girlfriend and her son in, protects them and accepts them into their community in hopes of teaching Mike about love and acceptance.
- Garrett Hedlund as Mike Burden
- Forest Whitaker as Reverend David Kennedy
- Andrea Riseborough as Judy
- Tom Wilkinson as Tom Griffin
- Tess Harper as Hazel
- Usher as Clarence Brooks
- Neva Howell as Gina
- Crystal R. Fox as Janice Kennedy
- Dexter Darden as Kelvin Kennedy
- Austin Hebert as Clint
- Melissa Youngblood as Marla
Production of the film began October 20, 2016 and was set wrap up on November 15, 2016.
- "'18 Sundance Film Festival - U.S. Dramatic Films". www.sundance.org. Retrieved December 29, 2017.
- "Relativity Specialty Division Ramps Up With Race Drama 'Burden' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2016-11-14.
- Lincoln, Ross A. (2016-09-23). "Forest Whitaker, Garrett Hedlund & Tom Wilkinson Join Drama 'Burden'". Deadline. Retrieved 2016-11-14.
- "2018 SUNDANCE FILM FESTIVAL AWARDS ANNOUNCED". Sundance Institute. January 27, 2018. Retrieved February 2, 2018.
- email@example.com, Michael Davis. "Filming continues on Jackson square". Jackson Progress-Argus. Retrieved 2016-11-14.
|This 2010s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|