|Municipality of Burdeos|
Map of Quezon with Burdeos highlighted
|Region||Calabarzon (Region IV-A)|
|Founded||June 12, 1948 |
|Barangays||13 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Freddie C. Aman|
|• Electorate||11,200 voters (2016)|
|• Total||199.82 km2 (77.15 sq mi)|
|• Density||130/km2 (350/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)42|
|Climate type||Tropical rainforest climate|
|Income class||4th municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||85,651,113.83 (2016)|
Burdeos, officially the Municipality of Burdeos, (Tagalog: Bayan ng Burdeos), is a 4th class municipality in the province of Quezon, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 26,760 people.
The municipality of Burdeos is geographically located in the coastal part of Polillo Island in the first Congressional District of the Province of Quezon, a town that is trapezoidal in shape, facing the vast Pacific Ocean with an area of approximately 20,948 hectares. Burdeos is composed of 13 barangays, three of which are island barangays, with 25 islands which are potential tourist spots. The territorial water of this municipality is a good fishing ground with abundant aquatic resources.
Burdeos is politically subdivided into 13 barangays.
- San Rafael
|Population census of Burdeos|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
Municipal officials 2016-2018:
- Mayor: Freddie C. Aman
- Vice Mayor: Obren Tan
- Alice C. Cuerdo
- Esmenia Portillo
- Danilo C. Ungriano
- Supli Suplido
- Haide Ayuso
- Jorge Morga
- Ama Turgo
- Ernesto Ayuma
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Quezon". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region IV-A (Calabarzon)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "An act creating the municipality of Burdeos in the province of Quezon". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-08.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region IV-A (Calabarzon)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region IV-A (Calabarzon)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Quezon". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.