Burger Boat Company
|Headquarters||Manitowoc, Wisconsin, U.S.|
|Jim Ruffolo, President/CEO|
|Products||Custom pleasure yachts.|
Number of employees
Henry B. Burger founded the H. Burger Shipyard in 1863 in Manitowoc, WI. It produced its first welded steel yacht in 1938 and began using welded aluminum in 1952. Of the 500 yachts built in the company's history, there are about 250 still in service.
David Ross and partner Jim Ruffolo, Chicago entrepreneurs, acquired the bankrupt company in 1993. Ross retired in 2007. Burger is now headed by Jim Ruffolo, President/CEO. About 350 employees build an average of three yachts a year.
- "Burger Background Information". MarineSource Network. Retrieved 14 January 2014.
- "History". Burger Boat Company. Retrieved 14 January 2014.
- State of Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development Archived April 30, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Burger Boat Company website
- Building Burger's Biggest Part One: The Vision, Power & Motoryacht Magazine, By Kim Kavin
- Building Burger's Biggest Part Two: The Construction, Power & Motoryacht Magazine, By Kim Kavin
- BURGER BOAT COMPANY – TENACITY, SUPERYACHT (magazine) #524 December 2005,by Angelo Colombo
- In boat building business, it's size that matters Associated Press, Updated: 8:08 a.m. PT July 18, 2006