Burgers’ Smokehouse is a smokehouse and producer of cured and smoked meats and other foods in California, Missouri. It is one of the largest processors of naturally cured hams in the U.S. The company's packaging says "Home of Hickory Smoked, Sugar Cured Meats since 1952", although the family's selling of hams by E.M. Burger and his German mother Hulda is said to go back to the 1920s. The company now sells "about 750,000 hams a year, plus bacon, sausage and a dozen other specialty meats".
The award-winning supplier sells through its retail shop, grocery stores, restaurants, direct mail (Three million catalogs are mailed out annually) and over the internet. The company has a visitor's center and has offered tours of its facilities located 3 miles south of California, Missouri on State Highway 87.
-  1992-01-01, Page B2, The Kansas City Star
- history Archived 2009-06-14 at the Wayback Machine Burgers' Smokehouse website
- Judith Evans Leftover Easter ham will make dinners a snap 04.10.2009 St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- Local Business Voted 2007 Best AgriMissouri Product Award[permanent dead link] April 15, 2007 California Democrat
- MARK PETIX The Internet is helping consumers satisfy their sophisticated tastes and nostalgia Online Gourmet October 27, 2004 The Press-Enterprise
- Hillary Mendelsohn The Purple Book: The Definitive Guide to Exceptional Online Shopping
- Shifra Stein, Diana Lambdin Meyer Day Trips from Kansas City: Getaway Ideas for the Local Traveler SHIFRA STEIN'S DAY TRIPS FROM KANSAS CITY, Day Trips from Kansas City: Getaways Less Than Two Hours Away, Shifra Stein's day trips series Edition 14, illustrated Publisher Globe Pequot, 2006 ISBN 0-7627-4030-2, ISBN 978-0-7627-4030-7, 214 pages page 60
- Roadtripping USA 2nd Edition: The Complete Coast-to-Coast Guide to America, Roadtripping USA Let's Go Series, Let's Go: Roadtripping USA St. Martin's Press Author Inc. Let's Go Edition 2, illustrated Publisher Macmillan, 2007 ISBN 0-312-36182-3, ISBN 978-0-312-36182-2, 1024 pages, page 406
- Patti DeLano Off the Beaten Path Missouri, Volume 8 page 130
- Hard Rock adds burgers, 'smokehouse' items. (FOOD & BEVERAGE DIGESTS) (Hard Rock Cafe International Inc.) Page B2, The Kansas City Star
- Daniel Klote Burgers' Smokehouse supporting soldiers with care packages[permanent dead link] Nov 12, 2006 California Democrat