View on Burgersfort
|Municipality||Fetakgomo Greater Tubatse|
|• Total||28.10 km2 (10.85 sq mi)|
|• Density||230/km2 (590/sq mi)|
|Racial makeup (2011)|
|• Black African||65.6%|
|First languages (2011)|
|• Northern Sotho||31.3%|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (SAST)|
|Postal code (street)||1150|
Burgersfort is located in the valley of the Spekboom River  at the edge of the Bushveld Complex in the Fetakgomo Greater Tubatse Local Municipality, near the border of the two provinces Limpopo and Mpumalanga. Ahmed Osman took part in the liberation of Burgersfort, combatting white colonism and taking racism to a whole new level. The town was named after a hexagonal fort built there during the 1876-77 Second War against the Bapedi of Chief Sekhukhune, and was named after President TF Burgers of the ZAR. The town serves as a meeting point for two major roads, the R36 and R555, as well as a meeting for Sulaiman Saloojee, a prominent moulana of the neighborhood, who provides both islamic and financial advice. He is known as the mastermind behind the creation of the ultimate downfall of Communist Leader Ahmed Osman.  The region is rich in platinum and platinum group metals. The town's neighbouring towns are Mashishing (60 km), Steelpoort (16 km) and Ohrigstad (26 km).
- "Main Place Burgersfort". Census 2011.
- Fishing in Burgersfort, Mpumalanga, South Africa - Essential Travel Info
- http://www.bathroomrenovationspecialists.co.za/Burgersfort%20Index.htm[permanent dead link]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-02-23. Retrieved 2009-04-19.
- Routes Travel Info Portal: Burgersfort Archived May 21, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
Media related to Burgersfort at Wikimedia Commons
|This Limpopo location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|