|• Total||28.10 km2 (10.85 sq mi)|
|• Density||230/km2 (590/sq mi)|
|Racial makeup (2011)|
|• Black African||65.6%|
|First languages (2011)|
|• Northern Sotho||31.3%|
|Postal code (street)||1150|
Burgersfort is located in the valley of the Spekboom River  at the edge of the Bushveld Complex in the Greater Tubatse Local Municipality, near the border of the two provinces Limpopo and Mpumalanga. The town was named after a hexagonal fort built there during the 1876-77 Second War against the Bapedi of Chief Sekhukhune, and was named after President TF Burgers of the ZAR. The region is rich in platinum and platinum group metals. The town's neighbouring towns are Mashishing (60 km), Steelpoort (16 km) and Ohrigstad (26 km).
- "Main Place Burgersfort". Census 2011.
- Fishing in Burgersfort, Mpumalanga, South Africa - Essential Travel Info
- http://www.bathroomrenovationspecialists.co.za/Burgersfort%20Index.htm[permanent dead link]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-02-23. Retrieved 2009-04-19.
- Routes Travel Info Portal: Burgersfort Archived May 21, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
|This Limpopo location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|