From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Burghers)
|Look up Burgher or burgher in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Burgher may refer to:
- Burgher, a citizen of a borough or town, especially one belonging to the middle class
- Burgher, a resident of a burgh in northern Britain
- Burgher, a social class in medieval European cities from which city officials could be drawn; see Medieval bourgeoisie
- Burgher (Boer republics), an enfranchised citizen of the South African Republic or the Orange Free State
- Burgher (Church history), a member of the United Secession Church who subscribed to the Burgher Oath
- Burgher people, an ethnic group that formed during the colonization of Sri Lanka
- Grand Burgher, a historical German title
People with the surname
- Michelle Burgher (born 1977), Jamaican track and field athlete
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Burgher.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.