Buried Alive (Avenged Sevenfold song)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Single by Avenged Sevenfold|
|from the album Nightmare|
|Released||September 20, 2011|
|Format||Digital download, CD single|
|Avenged Sevenfold singles chronology|
In September 2011, the band announced plans for a music video for this single. They tried to get Rob Zombie to direct the video, but he declined due to being focused on another project. The band did not announce any other plan for a music video for the song.
The single was released the September 20, 2011, although the lyric video for it had been already released on July 17, 2010 in the official band's YouTube channel. The lyric video has gotten 16.5 million views as of August 19, 2016. The "Buried Alive tour" (the promotion tour for Nightmare) takes its name from this song.
In 2014, a demo for the song leaked. The demo features The Rev on lead vocals and some different lyrics, as well as some breaks where M. Shadows sang in the original. The demo was probably an early version of the song written by The Rev solely, before M. Shadows finished it for Nightmare.
- Avenged Sevenfold
- M. Shadows - lead vocals
- Zacky Vengeance - rhythm guitar, backing vocals
- The Rev - drum arrangement
- Synyster Gates - lead guitar, backing vocals
- Johnny Christ - bass
- Session musicians
|US Rock Songs (Billboard)||10|
|US Alternative Songs (Billboard)||26|
- Sciarretto, Amy (September 8, 2011). "Avenged Sevenfold, 'Buried Alive' – Song Review". Loudwire. loudwire.com. Retrieved 11 January 2017.
- "Chart Highlights: Band Perry's 'Young' Tops Adult Contemporary". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. October 31, 2011. Retrieved October 31, 2011.