Burke Centre station
Burke Centre station in August 2010
5671 Roberts Parkway|
|Line(s)||Norfolk Southern Railway|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
Fairfax Connector: 495|
Metrobus: 17B, 17L
|Station code||BCV (Amtrak)|
|Fare zone||4 (VRE)|
|Opened||June 22, 1992|
|Passengers (2017)||9,939 9.21% (Amtrak)|
Burke Centre is a railway station in Burke Centre, Burke, Fairfax County, Virginia. It is served by the Virginia Railway Express Manassas Line, as well as one daily Amtrak Northeast Regional round trip.
On October 1, 2009, one Amtrak Northeast Regional round trip was extended to Lynchburg. As with Northeast Regional trains on the Fredericksburg Line, trains would stop for VRE passengers under a cross-honoring agreement between Amtrak and VRE. On January 18, 2010, Burke Centre became a full Amtrak stop, with passengers allowed to book travel to and from the station in both directions. Amtrak Cardinal and Crescent trains pass through but do not stop.
|G||Track 2||← Cardinal, Crescent do not stop here →|
|Track 1||← Cardinal, Crescent do not stop here →|
← Northeast Regional toward Roanoke (Manassas)
Northeast Regional toward New York or Boston (Alexandria) →
← Manassas Line toward Broad Run (Manassas Park)
Manassas Line toward Union Station (Rolling Road) →
|Side platform, doors will open on the left, right|
|Ground level||Exit/entrance, ticket machines, park and ride, buses|
- Taube, Richard K. (11 August 2008). "Chronology of the Virginia Railway Express: 1964 to Present" (PDF). Virginia Railway Express. Retrieved 16 November 2015.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2017, Commonwealth of Virginia" (PDF). Amtrak Government Affairs. November 2017. Retrieved December 18, 2017.
- "Burke Centre, VA". Great American Stations. Amtrak.
- "Burke Centre Now An Amtrak Stop" (PDF) (Press release). Amtrak. January 14, 2010.
Media related to Burke Centre station at Wikimedia Commons
- Amtrak – Stations – Burke Centre, VA
- Burke Centre VRE Station
- Burke Centre (BCV) (Amtrak's Great American Stations)
|This Virginia train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|