Burke Centre station
Burke Centre station in August 2010
|Location||5671 Roberts Parkway
|Line(s)||Norfolk Southern Railway|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Bus operators|| Fairfax Connector
|Station code||BCV (Amtrak)|
|Fare zone||4 (VRE)|
|Opened||June 22, 1992|
|Passengers (FY2015)||7,241 (Amtrak yearly) (Amtrak)|
Burke Centre is a railway station in Burke Centre, Burke, Fairfax County, Virginia. It is served by the Virginia Railway Express Manassas Line, as well as one daily Amtrak Northeast Regional round trip.
On October 1, 2009, one Amtrak Northeast Regional round trip was extended to Lynchburg. As with Northeast Regional trains on the Fredericksburg Line, trains would stop for VRE passengers under a cross-honoring agreement between Amtrak and VRE. On January 18, 2010, Burke Center became a full Amtrak stop, with passengers allowed to book travel to and from the station in both directions. Amtrak Cardinal and Crescent trains pass through but do not stop.
- Routes 17B & 17L
- Tysons Corner Express Service (Routes 495F, 495G, 495J, and 495M)
- Taube, Richard K. (11 August 2008). "Chronology of the Virginia Railway Express: 1964 to Present" (PDF). Virginia Railway Express. Retrieved 16 November 2015.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2015, Commonwealth of Virginia" (PDF). Amtrak Government Affairs. November 2015. Retrieved May 1, 2016.
- "Burke Centre, VA". Great American Stations. Amtrak.
- "Burke Centre Now An Amtrak Stop" (PDF) (Press release). Amtrak. January 14, 2010.
Media related to Burke Centre station at Wikimedia Commons
|This Virginia train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|