Burkhard Balz in February 2014
|Member of the European Parliament|
24 July 1969 |
|Political party|| German:
Christian Democratic Union
European People's Party (EPP)
|Alma mater||University of Göttingen|
Balz is member of the Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs (ECON), the Special Committee on the Financial, Economic and Social Crisis (CRIS) and the Delegation for relations with the countries of Southeast Asia and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). In 2013, he served as the Parliament's rapporteur on Latvia’s accession to the eurozone. More recently, he joined the Special Committee on Tax Rulings and Other Measures Similar in Nature or Effect in 2015 and the Committee of Inquiry into Money Laundering, Tax Avoidance and Tax Evasion in 2016.
- Apaton Capital AG, Member of the Supervisory Board (since 2007)
- ARAG Group, Member of the Advisory Board (since 2014)
- Baden-Badener Unternehmer-Gespräche (BBUG), Member of the Board of Trustees
- Bausparkasse Schwäbisch Hall, Ombudsman (since 2012)
- MVI PROPLANT Nord GmbH, Member of the Advisory Board (since 2014)
- Sparda-Banken, Member of the Advisory Board (since 2012)
- Jamie Dunkley (March 16, 2012), German MEP Burkhard Balz: the man holding the key to Europe's insurance industry The Daily Telegraph.
- "MEP profile: Burkhard Balz". European Parliament. Retrieved 16 August 2010.
- Ian Wishart (June 5, 2013), Latvia on track to join the single currency in 2014 European Voice.
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Germany is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography article about a member of the Christian Democratic Union of Germany (CDU) is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|