Burleson Independent School District
|Burleson Independent School District|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Superintendent||Dr. Bret Jimerson|
|Governing agency||Texas Education Agency|
|Students and staff|
Burleson Independent School District is a public school district based in Burleson, Texas (USA). The district was founded in 1909 by the citizens of Burleson. In addition to Burleson, the district also serves Briaroaks, Cross Timber, Fort Worth, Rendon, and a small portion of Crowley. Most of Burleson ISD is in Johnson County, but a small portion is in Tarrant County.
|Subject||Burleson ISD||Region 11||State of Texas|
Students in Burleson typically outperform local region and statewide averages on standardized tests. In 2015-2016 State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) results, 81% of students in Burleson ISD met Level II Satisfactory standards, compared with 77% in Region 11 and 75% in the state of Texas. The average SAT score of the class of 2015 was 1452, and the average ACT score was 22.1.
In the 2015-2016 school year, the school district had a total of 11,342 students, ranging from early childhood education and pre-kindergarten through grade 12. The class of 2015 included 752 graduates; the annual drop-out rate across grades 9-12 was less than 1%.
As of the 2015-2016 school year, the ethnic distribution of the school district was 68.9% White, 20.7% Hispanic, 5.6% African American, 1.0% Asian, 0.6% American Indian, 0.2% Pacific Islander, and 2.9% from two or more races. Economically disadvantaged students made up 36.9% of the student body.
High Schools (Grades 9-12)
- Burleson High School
- Burleson Centennial High School
- Burleson Collegiate High School
- Crossroads High School
Middle Schools (Grades 6-8)
- Hughes Middle School
- Kerr Middle School
- STEAM Middle School of Choice
Elementary Schools (Grades PK-5)
- Academy at Nola Dunn
- Bransom Elementary School
- Academy of Leadership and Technology at Mound Elementary School
- Ann Brock Elementary School
- Irene Clinkscale Elementary School
- Frazier Elementary School
- Judy Hajek Elementary School
- JW Norwood Elementary School
- Jack Taylor Elementary School
- William Stribling Elementary School
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Burleson Isd". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved January 31, 2017.
- "2015-16 Texas Academic Performance Report, BURLESON ISD". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved January 31, 2017.
- Burleson History
- "2009 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency.