Burlingame School District
Burlingame School District is a school district in Burlingame, California in the San Francisco Bay Area. Its schools serve students in kindergarten through the 8th grade. This district is Burlingame's public school district, and has control over 6 schools.
On Friday May 30, 2008, the Burlingame district's board of education voted to make Dianne Tallarico, the superintendent of the Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District, into the superintendent of the Burlingame district.
The other schools are Burlingame Intermediate School (6-8), Franklin Elementary School (K-5), Lincoln Elementary School, McKinley Elementary School, Roosevelt Elementary School, and Washington Elementary School. Most of the schools have received at least one California Distinguished School Award.
- Dianna Agron, actress, cast member of Glee.
- Scott Feldman, major league baseball pitcher
- Friedman, Jonathan. "SMMUSD superintendent appointed to head Northern California school district." Malibu Times. Friday May 30, 2008. Retrieved on November 8, 2013.
- Gonzales, Neil and Kimberly S. Wetzel. San Mateo County Times at the Oakland Tribune. December 2, 2008. Article ID: 11122678. "So many California children are seeking subsidized school meals that funds to[...]Given the state's financial crisis, Burlingame School District officials[...]"
- Mills-Faraudo, T.S. "School district playing it safe." San Mateo County Times. October 11, 2003. "Playing it safe Fear of large future expenses has Burlingame School District[...]Caryn Becker, administrator for the California Department of Education, said the[...]"
- Morente, Christine. "District links students with cyber charter." San Mateo County Times. August 17, 2004. "About 20 of the region's students have enrolled in the California Virtual[...]In July, the Burlingame School District agreed to a two-year partnership with[...]"
|This California school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|