Ark Burlington Danes Academy
|Religion||Church of England|
|Principal||Mr Michael Ribton|
|Local authority||Hammersmith and Fulham|
|DfE URN||131752 Tables|
|Students||1,095 as of January 2015[update]|
|Houses||Galatians, Philippians, Corinthians, Romans, Colossians, Ephesians|
The school re-opened as an academy in September 2006, but traces its origins to two separate schools, Burlington Church of England School for Girls founded in 1699 and St Clement Danes Boys Grammar School, founded in 1862, both originally situated in Westminster. Following a decision by the trustees of the St Clement Danes Holborn Estate Charity, St Clement Danes School relocated to Hertfordshire, and a new school — Burlington Danes a Church of England School — was formed on its old site in 1976.
The school has improved its facilities creating a new key stage three building and a performing arts centre, the Dennis Potter Centre (named after the playwright who was an alumnus of St Clement Danes School). The school consists of a large listed brick building attached to the main hall of the school. On the other side the building is joined to a more recent technology and art building which is joined to a ground floor building for PE which is attached to a large sports hall. On the opposite of the site there is a new building opened in 2008. The building consists of science laboratories, maths and English classes. The site also includes a large field with grass pitches for rugby, football and cricket. A third generation astroturf football pitch was added in 2010. In 2012 a state of the art gym was fitted in the Stanley Fink building and in 2013 it was its first time to be known as an outstanding school by Ofsted.
Notable former pupils
- D. J. Campbell, Footballer
- Coreé Richards, R&B singer
- Cherise Roberts, singer/songwriter
- Noel Clarke, Actor, writer, producer & director
- Shireen Benjamin, Former Miss West Africa, Model, Journalist/ Fashion & lifestyle blogger
- Simon Mensing, Footballer
- Andy Fraser, bass guitarist with Free and singer
- Dennis Potter, playwright
- Frank Field, MP
- Marvin Francis ,Celebrity hairdresser, Businessman
- Danny Dichio, Footballer
- "Academy history". Archived from the original on 2010-07-31. Retrieved 2009-06-07.
- "Burlington Danes Academy - Ofsted". Retrieved 2009-05-07.
- Charity Commission. Ark schools, registered charity no. 1111608.
- Charity Commission. Ark, registered charity no. 1095322.
- Charity Commission. Holborn Estate Charity (known as St Clement Danes Holborn Estate Charity), registered charity no. 206754.