Burnett and Reid
|Limited Liability Partnership|
|Headquarters||Aberdeen, Scotland, UK|
|Services||Legal Services & Land Management|
Burnett & Reid LLP is a full service law firm based in Aberdeen, Scotland. The firm claims to be the oldest legal practice in the city and one of the longest established legal practices in the United Kingdom.
Burnett & Reid LLP are ranked in the UK Legal 500 for Private Client, and by Chambers & Partners for their expertise in Agricultural Law. According to the firm's website  their full practice includes the areas of:
- Agricultural Law
- Commercial Property
- Corporate Law
- Oil & Gas Law
- Private Client
- Residential Property
- Trust Law
The firm are also members of the ASPC.
Burnett & Reid was first established by William Burnett on 11 July 1754, when Burnett was fully admitted to membership of Society of Advocates. William was eventually succeeded in the business by his sixth son, Thomas Burnett, who joined the business in 1796, and who in turn was joined in the business in 1823 by his son, Newell Burnett. Following the death of his father, Newell Burnett assumed John Reid as a partner at which point the firm first began trading under the name of "Burnett & Reid". In 2012 the firm converted to an LLP, adopting the name Burnett & Reid LLP.
- "About Us, Burnett & Reid, Solicitors & Estate Agents". Burnett-reid.co.uk. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- Legal500. "Private Client - Scotland". legal500.com. Retrieved 2015-05-13.
- Chambers & Partners. "Agricultre - Scotland". www.chambersandpartners.com. Retrieved 2015-05-13.
- "Burnett & Reid LLP, Solicitors & Estate Agents". burnett-reid.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-05-13.
- "Property Solicitors in Aberdeenshire". ASPC. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- Henderson, John Alexander (1929). "A History of the Society of Advocates in Aberdeen", Aberdeen: Aberdeen University
- "Companies House Webcheck". Companies House. Retrieved 2015-05-13.