Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Elevation||830 ft (250 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||431853|
Burney is located at.
Leroy Edgar Burney, Surgeon General under Eisenhower, was born at Burney, Indiana. Burney is noted as the first to publicly establish a causal relationship between lung cancer and cigarette smoking.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Burney, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-10.
- Harding, Lewis Albert (1915). History of Decatur County, Indiana: Its People, Industries and Institutions. B.F. Bowen. p. 118.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 82. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
...named for the Burney family...
- "Decatur County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 31 August 2014.
|This Decatur County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|