|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Burnham Deepdale is a village on the north coast of the English county of Norfolk. Burnham Deepdale is in the civil parish of Brancaster , together with Brancaster Staithe and Brancaster itself. The three villages form a more or less continuous settlement along the A149 at the edge of the Brancaster Manor marshland and the Scolt Head Island National Nature Reserve.
Burnham Deepdale merges into Brancaster Staithe and vice versa. Although separate villages, the two act as one, sharing facilities. Burnham Deepdale has the church, St Mary's, and the majority of the shopping, Deepdale Cafe, Dalegate Market and the tourism accommodation facilities of Deepdale Backpackers & Camping. Brancaster Staithe has the main harbour access, sailing club, sailing school, The White Horse pub & hotel and The Jolly Sailors pub.
Both villages offer accommodation in holiday cottages, hostels, camping, hotels and bed & breakfasts. Village life centres on the harbour and its thriving fishing and sailing community. The coastal footpath is right on the doorstep, running 47 miles along the North Norfolk Coast.
Burnham Deepdale is the birthplace of the English actor and writer Rupert Everett (1959–).
- "Burnham Deepdale St Mary". roundtowerchurches.de. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Burnham Deepdale.|
- for Burnham Deepdale
- Burnham Deepdale Guide to the village and the north Norfolk coast
- St Mary's Church, Burnham Deepdale
- Dalegate Market | Shopping & Cafe Shopping centre & cafe in Burnham Deepdale
- Deepdale Farm Farming business in Burnham Deepdale
- Deepdale Backpackers & Camping Backpackers hostel, campsite, group hostel and glamping in Burnham Deepdale