Burning Inside (song)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Single by Ministry|
|from the album The Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Taste|
|Released||November 7, 1989|
|Label||Sire, Warner Bros.|
|Songwriter(s)||Al Jourgensen, Paul Barker, Bill Rieflin, Chris Connelly|
|Producer(s)||Hypo Luxa, Hermes Pan|
|Ministry singles chronology|
"Burning Inside" is a song by American industrial metal band Ministry. It was released as the first single from the band's 1989 album The Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Taste. The band Burning Inside named themselves after this song.
The song is featured in the intro movie of the video game Scarface: The World Is Yours.
|1.||"Burning Inside" (12" Remix)||6:45|
|2.||"Thieves" (12" Remix)||5:33|
|3.||"Smothered Hope" (Skinny Puppy cover; live with Nivek Ogre)||5:00|
A video for the song was released in late 1989 and became a hit on MTV's 120 Minutes. The video features the band's live show with the infamous steel fence used on the 1989-1990 tour and later a live version of the song featured on In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up. Also shown in the video are a chaotic audience, a few people on fire, and the band performing onstage.
- Al Jourgensen - vocals (1, 2), guitar, programming (1, 2), production
- Paul Barker - bass guitar, programming (1, 2), production
- Bill Rieflin - drums (1, 2), programming (1, 2), guitar (3)
- Joe Kelly - background vocals (1)
- Nivek Ogre - vocals (3)
- Jeff Ward - drums (3)
- Dave Ogilvie - keyboards (3)
- Tom Baker - mastering
- Terich, Jeff and Adam Blyweiss (October 3, 2012). "10 Essential Alternative Metal Singles". Treblezine. Retrieved November 14, 2015.
- Mancini, Rob (October 28, 1999). "Static-X Lines Up Tracks For "Scream," "Crow" Sequels". MTV. Viacom. Retrieved October 26, 2017.
- "Crow: Salvation [Soundtrack] - Original Soundtrack". AllMusic. Retrieved May 29, 2014.