|Origin||Los Angeles, California|
|Genres||Hard rock, heavy metal|
|Years active||1998–2001, 2013–present|
|Associated acts||Montrose, Dio, Whitesnake, Revolution Saints, The Dead Daisies, Steelheart, Dokken, Slaughter, Y&T|
Keith St. John
|Past members||Ian Mayo|
Burning Rain is a band formed by guitarist Doug Aldrich (Revolution Saints, The Dead Daisies, ex-Dio, ex-Whitesnake) and singer Keith St. John (Montrose) in 1998. Joining the group were drummer Alex Makarovich (ex-Steelheart) and Ian Mayo (ex-Hurricane Alice) on bass.
The band released two albums in Japan and Europe, Burning Rain (1999) and Pleasure to Burn (2000), respectively, before going on hiatus due to Aldrich's involvement with both Dio and Whitesnake. Keith St. John's joined Montrose during this time. Aldrich and St. John re-activated the group with a new rhythm section, veteran bassist Sean McNabb (Dokken) and drummer Matt Starr (Ace Frehley), and issued a new album, Epic Obsession, in 2013. Lately the band was on hiatus because of Aldrich's new band Revolution Saints and with him joining Dead Daisies.
In 2018 the band was reunited with Slaughter drummer Blas Elias and bassist Brad Lang (Y&T) and the new album Face The Music was released in 2019. A blues driven hard rock record, the album reaches back to the sound of the classic 70’s hard rock.
- Doug Aldrich – guitars (1998–2001, 2013–2014, 2018-present)
- Keith St. John – vocals (1998–2001, 2013–2014, 2018-present)
- Brad Lang – bass (2018-present)
- Blas Elias – drums (2018-present)
- 1999 – Burning Rain (Pony Canyon / Z Records)
- 2000 – Pleasure to Burn (Pony Canyon / Z Records)
- 2013 – Epic Obsession (Frontiers Records / Warner Music Japan)
- 2013 – A World With Heroes (A Kiss Tribute - For Cancer Care) (PledgeMusic iTunes)
- 2019 – Face The Music (Frontiers Records)