Burning River Roller Derby
|Metro area||Cleveland, Ohio|
Burning River All-Stars (team A)
Burning River Hazmat Crew (team B)
|Venue||CE Orr Arena, Euclid OH (Spring)
Ohio Nets Sports Complex, Parma OH (Autumn)
The BRRD league has three travel teams that play against other cities and countries, world-wide. These teams consist of an A, B and C team. The A team, "Burning River All-Stars", plays WFTDA-sanctioned games. The B team, "Burning River Hazmat Crew", plays competitive regional games, and the C team, "Burning River Pyromaniacs", plays very close, regional games. In the past, BRRD had four home teams who would play against each other in league play, the Cleveland Steamers, the Hard Knockers, the HellBombers, and the Rolling Pin-Ups. The Pyromaniacs were a "farm team" comprising the league's newest members before they were drafted to home teams.
In early 2015, Burning River announced the change of the league name from Burning River Roller Girls to Burning River Roller Derby, to place less emphasis on gender and better reflect its members.
In 2013 the WFTDA switched from a Region-based playoff system to a Division-based playoff system. Burning River was placed in Division 2 based on rankings.
- Niesel, Jeff (2 February 2015). "The Derby League Formerly Known as Burning River Roller Girls Announces Changes for 2015". Cleve Scene. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- "Ohio roller derby is roaring back". Associated Press. 3 April 2006. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- "The WFTDA Newsletter - December 2007". WFTDA. December 2007. Archived from the original on 13 November 2008. Retrieved 9 December 2016.
- "Current Rankings", WFTDA
- "Brawl of America 2009 North Central Regionals", WFTDA
- "2013 Division 2 Playoffs", WFTDA
|This article about a sports team in Ohio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|