Burnt Toast Vinyl
|Burnt Toast Vinyl|
|Country of origin||United States|
Burnt Toast Vinyl was founded by a Drexel University student who had initially been involved with concert promotion at the school. The label has released full albums from several prominent Philadelphia indie musicians, as well as releasing or re-releasing material on vinyl from artists on the Tooth & Nail roster. Many of the label's CD releases feature elaborate cardboard packaging.
Several of Burnt Toast's post rock and experimental groups attracted notice from magazines such as Dusted and Prefix. Among the label's best-known releases are those by Denison Witmer, Unwed Sailor, and Saxon Shore.
Artists who have released material on Burnt Toast Vinyl
- All American Radio
- The Blamed
- Bosque Brown
- Circle of Birds
- Early Day Miners
- Emperor X
- Ester Drang
- Explosions in the Sky
- Farquar Muckenfuss
- The Huntingtons
- In a Lonely Place
- Isolation Years
- June Panic
- Damien Jurado
- The Magic Lantern
- Mount Eerie
- Movies With Heroes
- Octane Blue
- The Operation (formerly Sans Culottes)
- Don Peris (of The Innocence Mission)
- Questions in Dialect
- Ran Away to Sea
- Reels of White Softly Flow
- Saxon Shore
- Scaterd Few
- The Six Parts Seven
- Starflyer 59
- Sufjan Stevens
- The Trouble with Sweeney
- Unwed Sailor
- Denison Witmer
- Woven Hand
- Yndi Halda
- Yume Bitsu
- Interview with the founder of Burnt Toast Vinyl. Decapolis.
- Burnt Toast Vinyl profile, Dusted
- Burnt Toast Vinyl profile. Prefix Magazine.
- Review of Of Joy and Sorrow. Exclaim! Canada, December 2001.
- Review of Of Joy and Sorrow, Allmusic
- Review of Philadelphia Songs. Ink 19.
- Review of Little Wars, Pop Matters, April 14, 2008.
- Review of Little Wars. XLR8R, May 14, 2008.
- Review of The Marionette and the Music Box. Dusted.
- Review of The Marionette and the Music Box[permanent dead link], Pitchfork Media, August 28, 2003.
- Review of The Exquisite Death of Saxon Shore. Pop Matters, March 16, 2006.
- Review of The Exquisite Death of Saxon Shore, Allmusic