Burpengary East, Queensland
Moreton Bay Region, Queensland
|Population||6,433 (2016 census)|
|• Density||215.2/km2 (557.2/sq mi)|
|Area||29.9 km2 (11.5 sq mi)|
|Time zone||AEST (UTC+10:00)|
|LGA(s)||Moreton Bay Region|
The suburb is bounded by the Bruce Highway on the west. It is bounded by the Caboolture River on the north-east, where the river enters Deception Bay (the bay) which then forms a short eastern boundary to the suburb. The southern boundary is approximates the course of Little Burpengary Creek. Burpengary Creek flows through the suburb from west to east where it empties into Deception Bay.The suburb is predominantly used for residential housing, although some areas remain rural or undeveloped.
The suburb is mostly used for residential housing with a mixture of smaller suburban blocks and larger rural residential blocks. However, land along the creeks and rivers is mostly used for grazing on native vegetation or undeveloped due to being marshland.
In the 2016 census, Burpengary East had a population of 6,433 people. The median age was 45 years, 7 years above the national median of 38. 78.5% of the people living in Burpengary East reported being born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were England 5.9%, New Zealand 3.9%, Scotland 0.6%, Philippines 0.6%, Germany 0.6%.
There are no schools in Burpengary East. The nearest government primary schools are Morayfield East State School in neighbouring Morayfield to the north-west, Bupengary State School in neighbouring Burpengary to the west, and Deception Bay North State School in neighbouring Deception Bay to the south. The nearest government secondary schools are Burpengary State Secondary College in Burpengary to the south-west and Morayfield State High School in Morayfield to the north-west.
Burpengary East Sewage Treatment Plant is in the south-east of the suburb at 601 Uhlmann Road ( It is operated by Unity Water and discharges the treated wastewaster via a pipeline into the Caboolture River.).
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Burpengary East (SSC)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "Burpengary East – suburb in Moreton Bay Region (entry 49522)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 28 December 2020.
- "Queensland Globe". State of Queensland. Retrieved 15 April 2021.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Burpengary East". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 14 September 2017.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Burpengary East". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 31 May 2014.
- "Landmark Areas - Queensland". Queensland Open Data. Queensland Government. 18 November 2020. Archived from the original on 21 November 2020. Retrieved 21 October 2020.
- "Burpengary East Sewage Treatment Plant". Wetland Info. Queensland Government. Retrieved 15 April 2021.
- "Land for public recreation - Queensland". Queensland Open Data. Queensland Government. 20 November 2020. Archived from the original on 22 November 2020. Retrieved 22 November 2020.
- "Building areas - Queensland". Queensland Open Data. Queensland Government. 17 November 2020. Archived from the original on 17 November 2020. Retrieved 17 November 2020.
- "Find your closest branch". Queensland Country Women's Association. Archived from the original on 26 December 2018. Retrieved 10 July 2020.
- "Recreational Boating Facilities Queensland". Queensland Open Data. Queensland Government. 12 November 2020. Archived from the original on 22 November 2020. Retrieved 22 November 2020.