|Location||Southern Sydney, New South Wales|
|Primary outflows||Hacking River/Port Hacking|
|Managing agency||Sutherland Shire Council|
|Settlements||Burraneer, Caringbah South, Dolans Bay, Port Hacking|
Location and features
With a catchment that drains many of the most southern suburbs of the Sutherland Shire, Burraneer Bay is located near where the Hacking River and Port Hacking estuary meet Gunnamatta Bay and empty into Bate Bay. The bay's catchment area is bound by Port Hacking to the south, Gunnamatta Bay sub-catchment to the east, Dolans Bay sub-catchment to the west and the Woolooware Bay sub-catchment to the north. The bay is surrounded by the suburbs of Burraneer to the north and east, Caringbah South to the northwest and west, and Dolans Bay and Port Hacking to the southwest, at the bay's junction with the estuary. A marina is located on the north western side of Burraneer Bay.
- "Burraneer Bay (NSW)". Gazetteer of Australia online. Geoscience Australia, Australian Government.
- "Draft Woolooware Bay Catchment Flood Study" (PDF). Council & The Shire: Public Consultations (PDF). Sutherland Shire Council. April 2003. p. ii. Archived from the original (PDF) on 22 June 2014. Retrieved 14 June 2014.
- "Suburb names in the Sutherland Shire" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 12 May 2014.
- "About Us". Burraneer Bay Marina. Merbron Pty Ltd. 2009. Retrieved 14 June 2014.
- Allen, Lisa (4 February 2012). "Mega-rich are digging deep to make their mark with mansions". The Australian. Retrieved 14 June 2014.
- Pollon, Frances, ed. (1990). The Book of Sydney Suburbs. Australia: Angus & Robertson Publishers. ISBN 0-207-14495-8.
|This article related to the geography of Sydney is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|