|Location||635 Burrard Street, Vancouver|
|Owned by||BC Transit, TransLink|
|Opened||December 11, 1985|
Burrard station is located in the heart of Vancouver’s financial district and is very close to Coal Harbour and the West End. The subway station is accessible from the surface via an entrance through an urban park named Art Phillips Park (originally Discovery Square) where Burrard Street meets Melville and Dunsmuir Streets, or via the underground shopping malls of the Royal Centre and Bentall Centre skyscraper complexes.
Burrard station is one of six SkyTrain subway stations currently serving Downtown Vancouver. It connects with many TransLink bus routes in Metro Vancouver; these buses serve the city of Vancouver, Burnaby, the city and district of North Vancouver, West Vancouver, and the Tri-Cities.
Like Granville, and King Edward, Burrard Station has a distinctive platform design. The westbound track (to Waterfront Station) is stacked on top of the eastbound track (to King George and Production Way--University), with the westbound platform being one level above the eastbound platform.
The structure housing the surface station entrance was designed to resemble Victorian-era British railway stations, with a peaked glass roof.
When originally opened, the station’s only underground passage was to the Bentall Centre skyscraper complex in the Financial District. A connection to the Royal Centre complex was constructed some years later, while an anticipated underground passage to the Park Place skyscraper across the street was never built.
|S||Street||Burrard entrances and elevator access
Ticket vending machines, fare gates (elevator access)
|C||Concourse||Connection to Royal Centre and Bentall Centre
Ticket vending machines
|Gap between levels|
|T1||Lower Concourse||Ticket vending machines, fare gates (Burrard)|
|Platform 1||← ■ Expo Line towards Waterfront (Terminus)|
|Side platform, doors will open on the left|
|T2||Platform 2||■ Expo Line towards King George and Production Way–University (Granville) →|
|Side platform, doors will open on the right|
- Burrard Street Entrance is the main entrance for Buarrard station, with connection to Royal Centre and Bentall Centre at concourse level. Three escalators are available between platform and concourse level, and 1 up-escalator between concourse and street level. Fare gates are located at inbound platform level for this entrance.
- Burrard Street Elevator Access is separated from the main entrance at street level and located north of the entrance, closer to the Burrard and Dunsmuir intersection. A small station house is being built to accommodate fare gates at street level. At platform level, the access to the elevator is behind a narrow door and a short corridor.
Burrard station provides an on-street transit exchange on Burrard, Dunsmuir, and Thurlow Street. Bus bay assignment is as follows:
||95 B-Line (SFU)|
- "2011 SkyTrain Station Counts". TransLink. Retrieved August 10, 2016.
- "Art Phillips Park". City of Vancouver. Retrieved March 24, 2016.
Originally named Discovery Square in 1983, the park was renamed to Art Phillips Park in 2013.
- "Expo Line Station Review". Translink. Retrieved November 18, 2011.
- "Burrard Station". TransLink. June 2016. Retrieved November 19, 2016.
Media related to Burrard Station at Wikimedia Commons