Burswood railway station
Station in April 2005
|Location||Victoria Park Drive, Burswood
|Owned by||Public Transport Authority|
|Distance||4.8 kilometres from Perth|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
99041 (platform 1)
99042 (platform 2)
The station was originally to be named Burrswood, however it became Burswood after being misspelt by the station sign's painters when it opened in 1893. The station was renamed Rivervale on 30 May 1923, mirroring that of the suburb that was renamed in 1921 in part due to the public's association of Burswood with sewerage processing; On 31 March 1968, a new platform opened.
The station lies between Goodwood Parade and Victoria Park Drive. There are entrances to the station from either side of the tracks at the southern end of the platform, requiring passengers to cross the tracks at grade level.
|Stop||Route||Destination / description||Notes|
| Victoria Park Drive (north bound)||907, 908||Rail replacement service to Perth station|
| Victoria Park Drive (south bound)||907||Rail replacement service to Armadale station|
|908||Rail replacement service to Thornlie station|
- Western Australian Land Information Authority. "History of metropolitan suburb names – B". Retrieved 2007-01-17.
- Dr Geoff Gallop. "From The Swan To The Canning - Historical Notes on Victoria Park and Surrounding Districts", December 1989. Originally published in Southern Gazette, 14 November 1989, p.8. Accessed at Battye Library, Perth.
- Local History Timeline Town of Victoria Park
- History of Stations on the Armadale Train Line Right Track
- Burswood Station Access Map Transperth
- Armadale/Thornlie Line Timetable Transperth 31 January 2016
- Media related to Burswood railway station at Wikimedia Commons
- Gallery History of Western Australian Railways & Stations
|Preceding station||Transperth Trains network||Following station|
Free Transit Zone