Burt Lake State Park
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Burt Lake State Park|
Sunset over Burt Lake
Location within the state of Michigan
Cheboygan County, Michigan
|Nearest city||Indian River, Michigan|
|Area||406 acres (1.64 km²)|
|Governing body||Michigan Department of Natural Resources|
Visitors enjoy camping, boating, fishing, hunting, trapping, wildlife viewing and other activities. The town directly outside of the entrance to Burt Lake State Park is Indian River.
Facilities and activities
- Hiking on one mile of marked trail
- Cross-country skiing on ungroomed trails
- Fishing in the Sturgeon River and Burt Lake
- Picnic Area
- Picnic Shelter
- Boating. A launch offers access to Burt Lake and the 38-mile Inland Waterway.
- Camping. The campground includes 306 modern and semi-modern sites and a minicabin.
- "Burt Lake State Park - Michigan DNR". Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- Burt Lake State Park - Michigan DNR
- Protected Planet (World Database on Protected Areas) - Burt Lake State Park
|This Cheboygan County, Michigan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|