Busan Metro Line 1
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The 45th subway train for Line 1 (Train no. 1045) bound for Nopo Station
|Opened||July 19, 1985|
|Operator(s)||Busan Transportation Corporation|
|Line length||40.5 km (25.2 mi)|
|Number of tracks||2|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
Busan Metro Line 1 is the north-south route of the Busan Metro. It is 40.4 kilometres (25.1 mi) long with 40 stations, and is considered the second longest line of the Busan Metro system, just behind Line 2. But with Line 1 going to regions such as Jagalchi Station, Busan Station, Seomyeon Station, Dongnae Station, and Nopo Station, it is deemed as the most popular line of all of the Busan Metro system. Line 1 uses 8-car trains. The line color is orange.
Plans to create this line began in 1979. In 2009, Busan Transportation Corporation planned to complete the fifth section extension of the metro line by late 2013, but later on postponed it to November 2016.
- June 13, 1981: Constructed the first section from Beomnaegol Station (118) to Nopodong Station (134).
- July 28, 1983: Constructed the second section from Jungangdong Station (112) to Beomnaegol Station (118).
- August 14, 1984: Constructed the third section from Seodaesindong Station (107) to Jungangdong Station (112).
- July 19, 1985: Opened the first section service from Beomnaegol Station (118) to Beomeosa Station (133).
- December 19, 1986 : Opened the first section service for Nopodong Station (134).
- May 15, 1987: Opened the second section service from Jungangdong Station (112) to Beomnaegol Station (118).
- May 19, 1988: Opened the third section service from Toseongdong Station (109) to Jungangdong Station (112).
- February 28, 1990: Opened the third section service from Seodaesindong Station (107) to Toseongdong Station (109).
- July 24, 1990: Constructed the fourth section from Sinpyeong Station (101) to Seodaesindong Station (107).
- June 23, 1994: Opened the fourth section from Sinpyeong Station (101) to Seodaesindong Station (107).
- November 20, 2009: Began construction for the fifth section from Dadae Station to Sinpyeong Station (101).
- February 24, 2010: 15 stations formerly known as Seodaesindong (107), Dongdaesindong (108), Toseongdong (109), Nampodong (111), Jungangdong (112), Choryangdong (114), Jwacheondong (116), Beomildong (117), Bujeondong (120), Yeonsandong (123), Myeongnyundong (126), Jangjeondong (129), Guseodong (130), Namsandong (132), and Nopodong (134) were renamed by removing the 'dong' at the end.
- November 2016: Plans to open the fifth section from Dadae Station to Sinpyeong Station (101). Additionally, all stations from Sinpyeong Station (101) to Nopo Station (134) will plan to change their station numbers by adding 6 to the original number.
- April 20, 2017: Opened the fifth section service from Dadaepo Beach Station (095) to Sinpyeong Station (101).
Hours of operation
The hours of operation of Line 1 start at 5:05 for the ride from Sinpyeong to Nopo at Sinpyeong Station and 5:10 for Nopo to Sinpyeong at Nopo Station. The hours end with the last trains arriving in Sinpyeong at 00:35 and Nopo at 00:30. A ride through the entire line takes about 1 hour 2 minutes.
List of stations
|115||Busanjin||부산진||釜山鎮|| Saemaul-ho services
|124||Busan Nat'l Univ. of Education||교대||敎育大||1.0||30.1|
|128||Pusan Nat'l Univ.||부산대||釜山大||1.1||34.2||Geumjeong|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Busan Metro Line 1.|