Buses and Trains
|"Buses and Trains"|
CD single cover
|Single by Bachelor Girl|
|from the album Waiting for the Day|
|Released||18 June 1998|
|Bachelor Girl singles chronology|
"Buses and Trains" was the first and most successful single by Australian band Bachelor Girl. Released in 1998 as the first single from the band's debut album, Waiting for the Day. The song quickly shot the band into mainstream success. The single remained the band's highest charting success right throughout their career.
- CD single
- Buses and Trains
- This Must Be Love
- Buses and Trains (Alternate version)
The video features Tania recording a snapshot of her life to send to her Mum. The entire video is viewed from the TV's point of perception, with Tania doing various things correlating with the lyrics in the song as she sings. The screen occasionally rotates the side where James Roche can be seen playing an instrument. The video ends with Tania ejecting the tape and writing 'Dear Mum' on an envelope before slipping the tape inside.
|Australian Singles Chart||4|
|New Zealand Singles Chart||6|
|Swedish Singles Chart||29|
|UK Singles Chart||65|
|ARIA End Of Year Chart 1998||29|
- "Buses & Trains: Bachelor Girl: Music". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2011-08-19.
- Steffen Hung. "Bachelor Girl - Buses And Trains". australian-charts.com. Retrieved 2011-08-19.
- Steffen Hung. "Bachelor Girl - Buses And Trains". charts.org.nz. Retrieved 2011-08-19.
- Steffen Hung. "Bachelor Girl - Buses And Trains". swedishcharts.com. Retrieved 2011-08-19.
- "ARIA Charts - End of Year Charts - Top 100 Singles 1998". Aria.com.au. Retrieved 2011-08-19.
- "ARIA Charts - Accreditations - 1998 Singles". Aria.com.au. Retrieved 2011-08-19.
- "RIANZ". RIANZ. Archived from the original on 2006-12-05. Retrieved 2011-08-19.