Bush's Chicken! is a fast food restaurant serving fried chicken. The company is headquartered in Waco, Texas and has over 90 corporate and franchise locations in Central, South, and West Texas, as well as in Arizona and Colorado. Fare includes fried chicken, fried okra, fries, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, yeast rolls and macaroni and cheese. Bush's Chicken also purveys sweet and unsweet iced tea by the gallon jug.
The first Bush's Chicken was opened in 1996 in Waco, Texas by Keith Bush. The chain was sold to Hammock Partners, L.L.C. in 2005. The headquarters was moved to Austin that same year. In 2011 Keith Bush's son, Corey Bush, purchased 3 of the chain's restaurants. After a change in ownership in 2015, headquarters relocated back to Waco.
In December 2012 the restaurant was hit with a lawsuit. The customer accused the restaurant of serving her husband tainted chicken from which he died. Bush's was later cleared of wrongdoing based on medical evidence presented at the trial. 
Corey Bush filed for bankruptcy in Texas Western Bankruptcy Court in 2018
- "Bush's Chicken rebuilding in Lorena, plans expansion outside Texas". Waco Tribune-Herald. January 5, 2016. Retrieved November 27, 2018.
- Bush's to open at Ponte's site | www.thefairfieldrecorder.net | Fairfield Recorder Archived July 24, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- "Our story". Retrieved May 29, 2018.
- "Bush's Chicken restaurants in Killeen change ownership". The Killeen Daily Herald. June 5, 2011. Retrieved May 29, 2018.
- "Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filed Against Bush's Chicken". KXXV. Retrieved May 29, 2018.
- "Bush's cleared of wrongdoing in Killeen man's death". Temple Daily Telegram. Retrieved October 26, 2018.
|This US-based restaurant or restaurant chain article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|