Bush Hill Park railway station
|Bush Hill Park|
Location of Bush Hill Park in Greater London
|Location||Bush Hill Park|
|Local authority||London Borough of Enfield|
|Managed by||London Overground|
|Number of platforms||2|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|Lists of stations|
| London Transport portal
UK Railways portal
Bush Hill Park is a London Overground station on the Enfield Town branch of the Lea Valley Lines, serving the neighbourhood of Bush Hill Park in the London Borough of Enfield, north London. It is 9 miles 69 chains (15.9 km) down-line from London Liverpool Street and is situated between Edmonton Green and Enfield Town, the terminus.
Its three-letter station code is BHK and it is in Travelcard zone 5. In 2015 the line and Bush Hill Park transferred from Abellio Greater Anglia operation to become part of the London Overground network, and it was added to the Tube map.
The station was opened by the Great Eastern Railway in 1880 following housing development plans arranged by the North London Estates Company. Development in the area expanded after the railway station was opened.
During morning and evening peak times, service frequency is increased, typically to four trains per hour in each direction. On Tottenham Hotspur football match-days, additional trains run, but not all of them continue to Liverpool Street, with some starting/terminating at White Hart Lane or Seven Sisters.
- "Station usage estimates". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- TFL appoints London Overground operator to run additional services Transport for London 28 May 2014
- TfL count on LOROL for support Rail Professional 28 May 2014
- "Bush Hill Park a history". London Borough of Enfield. Retrieved 17 January 2013.
- Kilburn, Michael. North London Photographic Memories. Francis Frith. ISBN 1-85937-403-4.
- "'Enfield: Growth after 1850', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 5: Hendon, Kingsbury, Great Stanmore, Little Stanmore, Edmonton Enfield, Monken Hadley, South Mimms, Tottenham (1976), pp. 218-224". British History Online. University of London & History of Parliament Trust. Retrieved 2008-06-06.
- Media related to Bush Hill Park railway station at Wikimedia Commons
|Preceding station||London Overground||Following station|
towards Liverpool Street
|Enfield & Cheshunt Line
Enfield Town Branch
|This London railway station–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|