Bushey Meads School
|Bushey Meads School|
|Motto||Aspire to Achieve|
|Established||1957 (Temporarily Closed)|
|Department for Education URN||137872 Tables|
|Chair of Governors||Di Hoeksma|
|Head teacher||Jeremy Turner (Executive Principal - Bushey St James Trust)|
|Age||11 to 18|
Bushey Meads School (also known as "BMS") is a coeducational secondary school and sixth form with academy status, located in Bushey, Hertfordshire, England. The school forms part of the Bushey St James Trust, in partnership with Little Reddings Primary School and Hartsbourne Primary School.
The school was founded in 1957 as Bushey Secondary Modern School with a building designed for 636 pupils.
In 1993 ? Dr Dena Coleman became the head teacher at Bushey Meads School. The school had a budget of about £3m and it had over 1,000 secondary and sixth form pupils. It had become grant-maintained to balance its budgets but money was tight. The school suffered from small classrooms. Coleman was head of the school until 1997.
The school celebrated its 50th anniversary by taking a major role in the annual Bushey Carnival in 2007, basing some events on the history and successes of the school.
The name Bushey Meads derives from the original surrounding area. The site where the school buildings now stand was once mostly fields ("meads", from Old English mæd) surrounding the then small village of Bushey.
Our Academy Day
- Form Time
08:35 - 08:45
- Period 1
08:45 - 09:35
- Period 2
09:35 - 10:25
- Morning Break
10:25 - 10:45
- Period 3
10:45 - 11:35
- Period 4
11:35 - 12:25
Lunch Break Years 7, 8 & 11
Tutor Time Years 9, 10, 12 & 13
12:25 - 12:55
Lunch Break Years 9, 10, 12 & 13
Tutor Time Years 7, 8 & 11
12:55 - 1:25
- Period 5
1:25 - 2:15
- Period 6
2:15 - 3:05
Notable former pupils
These are some famous students that attended Bushey Meads School:
- George Michael – musician
- Andrew Ridgeley – musician
- Simon Phillips – musician
- Emily Staveley-Taylor - singer/actress The Staves
- Clare Cordell - singer
- "Bushey schools announce new headteacher". Watford Observer.
- "New Bushey academies vow to work together to benefit of all pupils". Watford Observer.
- "Brown 'bonanza' goes on essentials". The Guardian. 19 June 2000. Retrieved 25 June 2020.
- "'Wherever she went she brought blessing' - tributes paid to headteacher". Borehamwood Times. Retrieved 25 June 2020.